UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Griff - some people are so bluddy inconsiderate - either that or they're thick, or possibly both :GroupHug:

I have had a bit of a manic day today. Got sent out on an errand at lunchtime (less said about that the better), so I decided to take my time and went to Morrisons and do my shopping. I was just going to get some mince as the butcher was putting out several packs of lamb bones, so I snaffled the lot for the dogs. The boys can be a bit fussy about raw meat sometimes, so I didn't know if they'd eat them or not, but as soon as I waved them in their direction, the bones were snatched and taken away to be eaten away from prying eyes :laugh: The rest of the bones are in the freezer. I bought some pigs' trotters last time I was in Mozzas, which I am saving for Christmas day. They are going to be spoiled over the holidays cos they've got knucklebones as well :wub:

Anyway, after zooming round like a loon doing shopping, I then left early cos I had to pick up a prescription and post my secret santas. I couldn't get parked at the post office, so I parked on my drive and walked back up (it's only a few hundred yards away at the top of the road). What I didn't click was that parcel force had left a box for me at the post office and I had to carry it back to the house. Said box contained a 15 kilo sack of Arden Grange, so I ended up struggling home with that rather than go to the pharmacy. I then realised when I got home that the prescription I had been carrying in my grubby little mitt had been dropped, so I had to go back and look for it. Thankfully I found it in the middle of the road and went to the pharmacy (also at the top of the road) to get the prescription.

Am ready for a rest now :rolleyes:

sleep tight Fudge and Gracie. :GroupHug:

Nice curtain Alex.

I have problems with waking early too (And mostly on worknights too). I now read a book every time I wake. Within a few pages I am ready to drop off again. it also stops me worrying about being awake etc etc. :flowers:

Welcome Bob, you are a bit gorgeous :wub:

:GroupHug: Steph, coldsores are painful

Thanks for the link to the tree Griff :flowers:

I hope you hear good news about the job soon Sam :flowers:

Phoebejo, that Asda trip sounds like hell. :ohmy:

Went back to work today and survived, :rolleyes: so only one more day till the weekend. Apparently there is a bit of an epidemic of these viruses here at the moment. Wish the cough would clear off though. :mad:

I have problems with waking early too (And mostly on worknights too). I now read a book every time I wake. Within a few pages I am ready to drop off again. it also stops me worrying about being awake etc etc. :flowers:

Good idea, I have just started a new book and I am having trouble reading more than a page before I drop off, so definitely worth a try :flowers: Glad your day went okay :flowers:

I have set the crate up in the living room for Max. Timmy ran straight into it and settled himself :laugh: It's really weird, because Timmy won't go anywhere near the soft crate or the hidey hold where Max likes, under the coffee table in the corner, but he loves a crate with a blanket over :wub:

Here's Max in his crate :wub: He's in there now having a kip.

P1030219.jpg

Morning. Had a decent night's sleep last night. I think I woke up at the same time but went back to sleep and woke up again at 5.45.

Spins - mine love the fire as well, apart from Beau who has a big fluffy coat so finds it too hot. Timmy's the worst for it, as soon as I put the fire on he's on the bed in front of it, and if there isn't a bed, the floor will do :laugh:

I didn't have the heart to close Max in the crate last night, must be going soft in my old age :rolleyes:

MIL is supposed to be flying to Tenerife this morning - she rang in a complete panic at 7:45am to say they had 4" of snow and roads were being closed all along her route to the airport, the mini bus was coming early to collect her and that was the last we have heard, MY mother who lives not far from the airport has just rung to find out what time MIL was leaving and says she has 6" of snow and it's coming down so thick and heavy she cannot even see the houses across the road from her :ohmy: shes also told us that many of the roads are being closed or are down to 1 lane .... MIL's phone is off grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so we have no idea if shes made it to the airport or not yet :wacko: as far as we can see from the live airport updates so far MIL's flight is leaving on time .... we just don't know if she will be on it :wacko:

MIL is supposed to be flying to Tenerife this morning - she rang in a complete panic at 7:45am to say they had 4" of snow and roads were being closed all along her route to the airport, the mini bus was coming early to collect her and that was the last we have heard, MY mother who lives not far from the airport has just rung to find out what time MIL was leaving and says she has 6" of snow and it's coming down so thick and heavy she cannot even see the houses across the road from her :ohmy: shes also told us that many of the roads are being closed or are down to 1 lane .... MIL's phone is off grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so we have no idea if shes made it to the airport or not yet :wacko: as far as we can see from the live airport updates so far MIL's flight is leaving on time .... we just don't know if she will be on it :wacko:

The modern Granny, Not desperate to get a loaf of bread from the corner shop but fighting her way to the airport ! Im sure she will be fine.