UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor cat in shed, hope it gets home OK. :mecry: Its people must have been very worried.

I hope the cat got home too :flowers:

OH took dogs out late this morning and saw an old dog walking buddy alone, he lost his oldie retreiver 2 months ago. :mecry:

Poor guy said he came out because he felt so alone, he asked my OH if I would help him find a new doggie companion for him. He doesn't want a young dog,so I'm now scouring rescues for oldie retrievers/labs for him. :)

Poor chap, let's hope something turns up for him soon. :flowers:

My scan went fine and there's only one little critter in there, thank gawd! All looks ok.

Great news :flowers:

Belated happy anniversary Mags :flowers:

:GroupHug: for all poorly people.

I was in the kitchen with jack tonight when Cherry came in doing her lurchery tippy toe "dance". Jack obviously liked the sound she made cos he started jumping on all fours, with a "thump thump" tossing his head in every direction. Perhaps you needed to be there to fully appreciate it, but it made me laff at their silliness. :wub:

Is that common or is it just some bizarre Owlish delicacy ? unsure.gif

Which? Raspberry vinegar? It used to be common enough but may have gone out of fashion. It's sweet and sharp at the same time and really nice. You can treat it like lemon juice and have some sugar with it. My gran used to make it but sometimes she got it wrong and it exploded. Raspberry vinegar is great on pancakes and Yorkshire pud but not so great on the ceiling.

Mags, sorry to hear you have to go through all that but hope you can get a diagnosis.

Which? Raspberry vinegar? It used to be common enough but may have gone out of fashion. It's sweet and sharp at the same time and really nice. You can treat it like lemon juice and have some sugar with it. My gran used to make it but sometimes she got it wrong and it exploded. Raspberry vinegar is great on pancakes and Yorkshire pud but not so great on the ceiling.

Even thinking about it makes me shudder. When at the chip shop and they go to put it on,Im ready and waiting to protect Bojangles and My chips.Dibs gets half a bottle thrown on but I even dislike the smell. Bojangles loves tomato sauce but I dont even like that much.

But then I like strawberries with black pepper so to each thier own.Bojangles likes tomatoes still on the vine but his favourite is sunday lunch with Yorkies.

Good thoughts to everyone poorly.

Owl remind me to take a photo of your old roof. They have stick down the ridge tiles and it looks like the builders small apprentice is buried under them.

Morning :tired:

I was in the kitchen with jack tonight when Cherry came in doing her lurchery tippy toe "dance". Jack obviously liked the sound she made cos he started jumping on all fours, with a "thump thump" tossing his head in every direction. Perhaps you needed to be there to fully appreciate it, but it made me laff at their silliness. :wub:

Awwww :wub:

<vom> Worst mistake I ever made putting one of them in my mouth!

I'm with you on that one sister :sick01: I do love gherkins and vinegar though :biggrin:

RMF : I am not speaking to my animals this morning. First Max woke me up at 4.30 wanting to go out, so I came downstairs, let him out and went back to bed. Just nodding off again and he barked again (just once, but enough to wake me). Just dozing off again and Timmy jumps up and shoots off the bed for no apparent reason. Again, settles down and starts nodding off when Garfy-cat starts scratching at the outside of the bedroom door, which he then did again jiust as iI was nodding off again. Finally, about 7am, when I had actually managed to get back to sleep, Lily-cat starts scratching at the bedroom door to go out. :mad:

Im not impressed with my dogs. the pup still wees indoors sometimes, so the other 3 think its ok to now. :angry:

Ive got a secret, cant tell you till friday :wink:

ooo im out in 20 minutes, still sat here in my nighty.

anyone going between mansfield and harlow this week please?

OH took dogs out late this morning and saw an old dog walking buddy alone, he lost his oldie retreiver 2 months ago. :mecry:

Poor guy said he came out because he felt so alone, he asked my OH if I would help him find a new doggie companion for him. He doesn't want a young dog,so I'm now scouring rescues for oldie retrievers/labs for him. :)

Does it have to be a lab? only Hope Rescue have a 10year old black lurcher needing a foster...and presumably permanent if possible...home? He looks so like my Dylan apart from more grey on his nose. I did make hopeful noises at OH but he says no...if we foster him we'll fail and we can't afford another dog. :angry:

How sad about that escaped dog being pts, Alex.

I like Olives as well biggrin.gif

Now your talking biggrin.gif, try Gordal olives if you ever see them, they are marinated in a mild chilli and are the most delicious olive you'll ever pop in your gob.

Noooo, the whole having a yorkie pud as a pudding thing.....I quite like vinegar.

I just read that Target, one of the Nowzad dogs from Afghanistan, escaped her owners' garden and was taken to a Shelter where she was PTS :mecry:

How sad mecry.gif, why was she pts ?

Spud had another lump off today, he peed on me when I came to pick him up rolleyes.gif