UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Rmf

merledogs

my cousin lives in that town and has helped there before, but she says due to the employment laws, you cant volunteer. what a shame. she does have 3 rescue dogs of her own. one is a pug, lewis would like a pug

isnt it strange, the family live all round the world, and we all have 3 dogs and help with rescue

OH and I swear by it Snow, we find it brilliant. I've never had it hurt, so queried the hurt factor, OH says if you use it wrong and sniff it up when you squirt it, it hurts. You are meant to just squirt it up!! So if used right it's brilliant stuff. OH also takes echinacea, but this stuff is added preventative factor. Never travel on planes without it. :flowers:

Griff :GroupHug:

Thanks for that - hubby actually rang me before I read this to say he was in Morrisons and what was it I wanted? I chickened out and asked for echinacea, zinc & vit c I've used zinc in the past with good results so fingers crossed - although he rang me when he got home and told me he'd got me "my eukenuba" :wacko: so I just hope he's got me my vitamins and not dog food :rolleyes: :laugh:

Will definately get some of that First Defense though to keep handy for the next time :flowers:

told me he'd got me "my eukenuba" :wacko: so I just hope he's got me my vitamins and not dog food :rolleyes: :laugh:

:laugh: That gave me a giggle. Hoping you won't be barking at us all later.

Back at work but now entirely certain that my brain and my mouth are connected - I've certainly managed to talk more rubbish than usual!

The sun is shining so I am off into town to see if I can replenish my winter work wardrobe in space of 20 minutes. :unsure:

Right so I am echinacea'd, Zinc'd and vit C'd up to my eyeballs, hubby has been told to maintain a safe distance of no closer than 3 feet from me at all times & there will be no kissing or cwtching until he's no longer a bio-hazard.

"Spoke" to Southern Electric via online live chat - and have got a refund of £500 coming in about 7 days - yippee (could have had £651 but decided to leave a credit there to cover any unexpected increases and I can always claim it back if we need it at a later date.)

We've been down in Lancing visiting my lovely son for the weekend, so :GroupHug: :flowers: :biggrin: :unsure: as applies for those who want them.

Couldn't believe what I read in the paper today, a bloke had his pup stolen from his garden, and got a demand from the kidnapper...his "designer puggle, a cross between a pug and a beagle, that cost £1000)!? A puggle? it's a blithering mongrel, you fool! what idiot pays that much for a crossbreed? The police did manage to get the pup back, sweet little thing by the photo but £1000???

Client meeting over-ran this morning and I am the proud owner of a £50 parking ticket. Great, like I can afford that at the minute, on top of huge vets bills. Sigh.

OOOH nasty! It might be worth appealing if you have a fairly reasonable excuse. Have a look on the ticket to see who issued it (local authority or whatever) and write them a grovelly letter. Always worth a try - you have nothing to lose!

Pants Jules :mad: could you bill the client and a big :GroupHug: for Jake and his paw. Dex mashed his pad up on some glass last year and it took forever to heal, Owl recommended some green ointment stuff that really helped - it was called Ultrasalve I think, I'll see if I can find the pot :flowers:

I have 'the cold' my boss let me go home an hour early - i think it was the pathetic ow ow ow every time I blew my little red nose that swung it :D

Thanks Tiks, if you can remember the name I'll get some. How long did it take to heal, roughly? Today's trip to the vet was the seventh time for a dressing change, the op was on Sept 16th and I was hoping to see some real improvement by now. However today's vet (who did the op) did say he thinks it's looking very good (it was a massive crater when they removed the corn), and he didn't re-dress it, just took the dressing off so we have cream to rub in three times a day to stop proud flesh forming. And a kids sock taped on, plus his drip bag boot on when he goes out for a wee. I just want my little lad healthy and happy again, but maybe I'm just being unrealistic and it will take as long as it takes. Last night I dreamt the vet had recommended having Jake's leg amputated as it wasn't healing, so I have probably just got myself in a tizzy about it.