UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Sounds like heaven to me too Alex biggrin.gif, would be perfect for my donkey/ alpaca dream.

I'd love to have a few donkeys or some knackered horses that nobody else wants. He also said the house had all been done, so he doesn't have to do anything to it, and it has a couple of wood burners. He's just done furniture restoration and french polishing course, so he's going to spend his time buying old furniture and doing it up. Sounds pretty damn idyllic and I am so jealous :mecry:I won't be able to retire for at least another 20 years :rolleyes:

Is he single Alex :unsure: if so get him on here we havent had a good man fight for ages :laugh: :laugh:

No news as yet on wobbly cat, i'm going to phone tomorrow to see what she said. Theres no easy way to catnap him Nige :laugh: and no way could he walk far so i could find him 'straying'. To be honest hes skin and bone and no muscle and at least 17yrs old, if i took him to vets he wouldnt come home. So if he came here he'd be on several small meals a day and let him enjoy his last few maybe only days/weeks but dont get me wrong i wouldnt deny him treatment but all he wants is love :mecry: Breaks my heart thinking about him all on his own.

Fingers crossed that the transport run goes well Owl flowers.gif

Thank you, it went very well. Dog whizzed in circles trying to chew his tail when first put in my car, but settled quickly and slept all the way to handover to fosterers. Nice lad, very friendly and took to his foster people at once.

Rain held off during today, and bucketed down at 6.30 when I was walking Wispa.

Have put Polly on some of Wispa's Stress-Less as she is very unsettled and noisy due to boxes being packed and stuff being moved around.

Hope you are feeling better this morning Amy :flowers:

We went to Silverstone this weekend, they let me get up close and personal with the Renault F1 car that was there, the noise that makes is awesome and I am now hooked on F1 :grin:

See there are bonuses to being deaf/blind cos they didn't let anyone else go to the pits to get that close and play - they didn't let me sit in it but I got to feel all over and they started it up with me right next to it and wow wow wow :grin:

RMF: parentals visited at the weekend, not much could have gone any worse. It appears that since I am no longer living my life as they expect they are unable to be pleased about anything I do :wacko: I honestly never thought they would be like this. Families baffle me :wacko:

Not that it'll make you feel any better, but I'm in the same boat :flowers:

It appears that doing a 2nd degree is a complete waste of time apparently and one day I'll realise that sodding around with dogs is only good as a hobby. It seems that it doesn't really matter that I'm bored with engineering, it matters far more that they can tell people I'm an aero engineer working in CFD :wacko:

We get on better now we live 40-odd miles away and I've decided not to discuss work or "my hobby" anymore with them.

We get on better now we live 40-odd miles away and I've decided not to discuss work or "my hobby" anymore with them.

Actually it does make me feel better :GroupHug: I'm just baffled by the idea that having a less than perfect house and garden means I'm losing my focus???? Anyway - we know we're doing the right things!

I hope you manage to get the little old cat, crb. It will be so nice if it gets some love for whatever time it has left :wub:

How's your head Amy :unsure:

I have nothing to report here, but all is a bit grim next door, my neighbour is fading fast now and there are lots of carers and health people coming and going day and night. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them at the minute.