UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Forgot to also add another few doors up neighbour Ems, who was also getting some eggs :rolleyes: said one of her daughter's classmates has a bitey syrian she was looking to get rid of. Ems has already had words with the mum who thinks pets are born child friendly and should put up with being squished at will and if they object there is something wrong with the animal :angry: I've given Ems one of my spare cages and she's going to get hammy on Monday and will look after it until I get back, tis only an ickle baby they've had for less than a week poor little mite.

Tonight i nearly wet myself laughing :laugh: Jodie has been teaching Izzie tricks, the latest of which is for Iz to go under her leg :rolleyes: After we'd got the horses done and were mucking around in the field Jodie decided to do a daft exaggerated walk..only problem was that Iz thought that was her trick cue so she dived under Jodies leg :laugh: It was so funny , Jodie went flying and Iz just looked at her as if to say 'what the feck' :laugh: :laugh:

Tiks, glad you getting your hamster soon :)

Di hope your Dad can be stabalised and treated soon, i'm with Sam Squigg on the Egypt thing - no point going all that way if you know you are going to worry 24/7 but if you can find a way to relax it would be a good way to recharge for the months ahead :flowers:

Di :GroupHug: thinking of you and your dad, and of Louise and Karen and theirs.

Regarding religion, all I will say is that for me religion is not a matter of belief but of exploration, and I do not consider it incompatible with science. I am not a fan of Richard Dawkins as he often attacks religious beliefs which are a few decades behind modern theological insights and a very soft target. He is more likely to take on the fire and brimstone crew than Teilhard de Chardin. I don't care for fundamentalist preachers either of religion or evolution. Also he does not represent all scientific thought. There are physicists who do not find the idea of a creator nonsensical, and some of them are coming up with interesting hypotheses. Must do a Google and find the guy with the holographic world theory.

Hope I haven't offended anyone. Personally I don't give 2p what anyone believes or doesn't believe as long as they try to get through life without doing too much damage.

Di :GroupHug: sorry to hear your dad is poorly

My dad is off the morphine and his drains are out, he is on something else a little weaker than morphine so they can assess the pain levels, still no feeling in his legs but hopefully he will get something back.... we dont have his results from his alien invader yet but docs are preparing us for the worse case scenario, from the way they are talking it looks like he'll be chemo bound again very soon :mecry:

Thanks for the good thoughts for dad. He seemed a lot brighter today, and tomorrow the hospital will run a few more tests to make sure he is properly hydrated and his kidneys are ok then plan to send him home. Ive agreed to go away but should anything change i will hotfoot it straight back again. Best go to bed. Im up at 5am

Morning :tired:

Day off today, am going to take the dogs for a nice long walk and recharge my batteries (in between doing the cleaning and washing and mowing the lawn and checking my work emails cos I've got an important conference call when I get in the office tomorrow and am awaiting senior director's comments on my emails) :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

morning. Not been around as Dad was rushed into hospital on friday with acute kidney failure and Ive been dashing about like a woman possessed ever sinse. Having established his cancer has returned, he was being treated at one hospital for that, then whisked off to another hospital for his kidneys. No idea whether Im coming or going right now.

Worse still, I am booked to go to egypt tomorrow, and every visiting time is a battle as he is adamant I must go and Im adamant I should stay. Think I might need a large implement to help prize my head from out of my @rse right now :mecry:

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Personally I don't give 2p what anyone believes or doesn't believe as long as they try to get through life without doing too much damage.

Well said biggrin.gif

I've just never seen the point of religion, I just see it as being a cause for war .

My car's in for a service today.

2 things, all knowing fugees ...

is it right that a staffys nose is black and a pit bulls is brown?

andddd

how often do you change your pillow? I bought an orthapedic one a few months ago which was lovely, stopped waking up with headaches, but thats gone flat so ill go and get another as the headaches are back. any recommendations please?