UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

RMF going to nephew's wedding today.

Oh it's going to be fun, fun, fun!! There are people in both families whose idea of a good time is to get as drunk as possible. The last time we went to one of their family get togethers we left early because things were getting out of hand. After we left there was such a big fight that the police were called. :ohmy:

I'm not expecting to have a good time. :unsure:

OK OK I take it ALL back. :wink:

We stayed until 7.30 when the one Munchkin who came with us (the other is still not well from Chicken Pox)had bounced himself to exhaustion on the bouncy castle.It was very nice up until then. Everyone wa very well behaved and there was a lovely family type atmosphere. No idea if it deteriorated after that but at least we all had a good time and the Munchkin had fun. :biggrin:

Glad you had a good time Spins :flowers:

RMF : I have dome some more painting of living room walls, vacuumed with a wonky vacuum cleaner and done a zillion loads of washing. My back is hurty now and I'm knackered, so am going to have some lunch and then a nap.

We just got back from a car boot sale that a kind man is doing in aid of Oldies Club. Took Sham and Ruby in their bandanas and they got lots of attention. A ceiling fan that my OH got out (and I said was rubbish and to put it in the bin) sold straight away. Just goes to show how much I know about boot sales.

Ruby yapped all the time but Sham was a star, probably because she was getting lots of treats off people. :biggrin:

Now I've got to go and mop floors ready for the grout to be sealed tomorrow. :mecry:

Spins, I am delighted your wedding turned out better than expected.

I so often find myself building up huge expectations to some events which don't live up to what I thought whilst things I think will be dreadful turn out to be a quite a laugh.

I sypathise, but Im not sure you are meant to be doing any jobs regardless of bloody windmills if your shoulder is buggered. Should you not be doing the exersises the physio gave you and not much else? Ive been nagged to death by Rykat for 3 weeks and am being good and doing what the physio said I can do and not much more.

The physio says I should be keeping moving. Specific suggestions are swimming, indoor rowing, and baking is also on the agenda. Just not the hurty things. I am doing all my windmilling exercises as well. I have no Rykat chasing me! I did try to say to the bed "change your own sheets" but it really didn't work - I did refrain from turning the mattress. I am trying to ignore the heap of ironing - fairly successfully. And I've decided that Tigger and Daisy will have to make do with mind games today - I can't guarantee that they won't get spooked on a walk and pull my shoulders to pieces. Mind you, looking at their zonked out positions at the moment, the games seem to have worked.

I've knocked up a few blueberry muffins for the Dogstar fund tomorrow. Shortly to be joined by a coffee and walnut cake, I think. I'm just experimenting to see if I can replicate a fruit and cherry bread that we bought on holiday in Ireland. It's the first time I've just used the dough only cycle on the breadmaker, so maybe reaching into the top cupboard in search of a 2lb loaf tin might not have been the best idea. The bread is currently proving -(I hope). At least it's only something for us, so it doesn't matter if it goes horribly wrong.

The great thing at the moment is that I'm working off a keyboard on my knee, which is much more comfortable. Just wondering if I can persuade work that lounging on the sofa whilst typing on the keyboard is the way forward.

I still seem to be typing gibberish! Off to find some chocolate medicine and to peek at the bread dough.

Edited by Mrs B

I hope you get something sorted Michelle :flowers:

I mowed the lawn and made the bed up, then had a nice bath, made some pasta and I am doing nowt for the rest of the night.

RMF: Gordon Ramsey's Seriously Good sauce is yum - I made some pasta with the Bolognese and Red Wine one, much nicer than just plain spag bol.

We've just had a call re 2 Cocker Spaniels that need somewhere to go tomorrow.

Please please can anyone help or give us the names of rescues, forums etc to try.

In Lancashire region

Maybe try these? http://www.caessr.org.uk/home.html

http://www.nessr.net/node/3

There is a cocker spaniel website / forum which has a rescue section, but it only allows dogs already in rescue to be posted .....(cockersonline)

Hope this helps. :flowers:

RMF: Gordon Ramsey's Seriously Good sauce is yum - I made some pasta with the Bolognese and Red Wine one, much nicer than just plain spag bol.

I usually use Loyd Grossman ( I even sometimes make my own from scratch) I've often wondered about the Ramsey one, I'll give it a go, if it's pants, your getting the blame tongue.gif.

I has been into Edinburgh to see me mammy, she was quite lively today, didn't say much but at least she was awake. I then went into Waitrose which is just across the road from the hospital, and spent £50 on nothing rolleyes.gif, then popped into my friends on the way home and have just had some lovely bread and chicken pate, crisps and a chocolate eclair for tea biggrin.gif

Just back from Nadder Valley Show - wow it was amazing,such a beautiful location and the Air display was quite something,very well attended although Oldies stall was very slow.Lovely to meet Sam and Mark finally,and of course gentle Noah as well.Didn't put Trixie in the Terrier race as she got so hyper just watching I didn't trust her to have a go at another dog sadly.