UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Steph and Sam :GroupHug: If you ever need a reference I can tell them what luffly people you both are and they should employ you immediately and pay you a billion squid (a week).

I just had a mental image of someone giving me a billion squid for a weeks work I think I'd offer to work for free the week after :laugh:

Been busy this evening taking Talyn to the Galen centre for massage (new thread in dog chat) and then onto our first night at obedience class.

Tal was a star at class, he even managed to settle down on his mat between exercises which is just a bit fab. I know it probably had a lot to do with the massage he had just had, but you know I'll take whatever I'm given! He wasn't freaked out at being in a new place, didn't freak at the new dogs or people either and only barked once at one of the other dogs barking, but was quiet as soon as I asked him, and didn't react again for the rest of the class - we may be making progress :biggrin: can't wait to start the agility pre beginners class with him in september.

I really really hope he doesn't show me up at the Nadder Valley show on Sunday.......or Breckin for that matter

For tomorrow we now have Banana, Orange and Honey Cake, Strawberry Yogurt Cake and a made up recipe of Lime Sponge with Buttercream and Lime Glacé Icing which I need guinea pigs for - especially as Mr B thought it was ginger sponge!!!

Lime cake sounds delicious!

Kelly, I hope you have scheduled some rest time into your plan! :ohmy:

Congratulations to Spins family. Eden is a lovely name. :wub: And where are the photos please?

Alex, congratulations on your exam result! Well done! Now why dont you take some time and chill a bit instead of getting the paintbrushes out again! :rolleyes: :laugh:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all those fugees that have lost family members this week. There seems to be a lot of people passing over this week. :(

Mags, well done on the quitting for 2weeks. One little blip doesnt have to affect the future result :GroupHug:

Morning :tired:

Thank you all for your good wishes and congratulations :flowers:

Alex, congratulations on your exam result! Well done! Now why dont you take some time and chill a bit instead of getting the paintbrushes out again! :rolleyes: :laugh:

I might have had the paintbrushes out again last night :blush: :laugh:

Morning.

:GroupHug: Suzanna

Many congratulations Alex. That's on passing, and with a credit, rather than doing whatever penance you've agreed with Helly! :laugh:

Dogstar's Lime Cake is all gone - my 'on a diet boss' had the last piece yesterday afternoon - we agreed it needs more lime zest next time, but that was just being picky! So I've just taken a dozen double chocolate muffins out of the oven (sorry Owl). They don't look bad if I do say so myself. :biggrin:

Someone wants a dozen gluten free scones for tomorrow, so just off to do some research. Might even start a new thread!

Max dosed on paracetemol yesterday. It didn't work. Perhaps I'll swap to the Ibuprofen today. I have a (genuine) feeling that a week off work would actually do the most to cure the problem.

Edited by Mrs B

I hope the painkillers do the trick for Max :flowers:

RMF : I have a shitty job to do today which I am not looking forward to, so am going to get in early and get it out of the way. I don't want to go to work though, I want to stay home and finish painting the living room :rolleyes:

:biggrin: long weekend coming up.Nadder Valley Show on Sunday.Tesco are doubling their clubcard vouchers on pet stuff so I'm off to the ginormous branch in Yeovil tomorrow to pick up Oldies stall stuff,£5.00 of vouchers will double to £10.00 so as I save my vouchers for rescue stuff this will really help.

Alex, you big brainbox you. Well done :thumbsup_still:

Job hunting is so hard nowadays Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I wish you every bit of good luck I can muster and really hope you get something soon. I fear I have nearly given up all hope of ever getting another job let alone ever rebuilding a career and feel very washed up indeed.

Aw Sam, I really hope you find some work soon. I'm not trying to make light of the way you feel, and I know it's no fun not earning anything, but maybe the person who said perhaps it's your destiny to develop Dogstar is right. There are very few people who could do what you do, you are pretty awesome :flowers:

Max dosed on paracetemol yesterday. It didn't work. Perhaps I'll swap to the Ibuprofen today. I have a (genuine) feeling that a week off work would actually do the most to cure the problem.

I'm a bit confused :unsure: It's easily done though :biggrin: Do you have a 'Max' in your household, or do you mean you took maximum painkillers for your shoulder? If it's the latter, is there no way you can have a week off? Constant pain is so wearing :GroupHug:

I have only been out of bed about 15 minutes, what a lazy moo I am this morning. Must get pedalling.

Aw Sam, I really hope you find some work soon. I'm not trying to make light of the way you feel, and I know it's no fun not earning anything, but maybe the person who said perhaps it's your destiny to develop Dogstar is right. There are very few people who could do what you do, you are pretty awesome :flowers:

Thats very kind of you to say but I don't feel pretty awesome , I feel pretty unemployed , that i have lost my career ( and I do miss my trains , cranes etc ) and very let down by a lot of ex colleagues for a lot of reasons. That said its really been the recession thats shafted me and my non availability due to Dogstar at key points over the last 2 years but I just feel very bitter and sad about what I have lost at the moment and am having a bit of a wallow

I have delayed winding up my business which I was planning to do in the summer due to the horrid man who kept offering me work and pulling out. I have heard nothing from him despite calling him from Sri Lanka at his request so hopefully he has crawled back under his rock and will stay there rather than doing the same to anyone else ever again. I have however conceded defeat and my accountant is starting on winding up my business for me.

It maybe my destiny to run Dogstar but I might need a small win on the lotto to keep me in crocs over the next 10 years laugh.gif either that or a career in robbing sub post offices awaits........