July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Thinking of Tess.

Alex unwind and enjoy a day of doing absolutely nothing. :flowers:

Hope little Susie does well on the probiotics.

Thought all the hospitals had those tv and phone things near your bed. Will you be able to shove headphones on if you're having your ears done? All the best for tomorrow. :flowers: Don't normally have locks on your lockers either so wouldn't take anything valuable.

Didn't realise how bad the flooding had been in some areas until someone mentined it earlier. Apparently parts of Liverpool people were wading up to their waists :ohmy:

Edited by Jacobean

ive bought 2 new pictures for the living room. ive moved the other pictures round and like where they are, but arnt sure about the new ones. lewis will hate them lol

ive got a bad stomach again, so definately back to the doctors.

griff, im sorry, I thought you was a fella, but with earrings and painted toenails, maybe you arnt lol. I looked at the picture under your name, looks like a fella, just clicked on it and its to add as a friend oops lol

:ohmy: Two sets of headphones? Do you have four ears? Hope it goes well :flowers:

Hence the 2 pairs of earings :laugh: :laugh:

Hope all goes well :GroupHug:

:laugh: no not 4 of my own ears... i am taking my mum with me and i can't be rude and sit watching a dvd and leave her sat there all gormless

Griff - can you take your laptop in (not sure if they will have WiFi or not? :flowers:

RMF2 : Lost my work mobile when I went to Morrisons. Oh well, about time I got a new one :rolleyes:

ooooooooo didn't think of that!

you never know, somebody might hand your mobile in... there are still some honest people about :flowers:

Thought all the hospitals had those tv and phone things near your bed. Will you be able to shove headphones on if you're having your ears done? All the best for tomorrow. :flowers: Don't normally have locks on your lockers either so wouldn't take anything valuable.

i thought they did too but my mum suggested i call and check and the fella said no it was just a reception area and beds, i think i will be o.k watching dvds with earphones in before i go to theatre....might deafen my poor mum though !!! i am not staying overnight i am coming home....even if i have to discharge myself (i would end up murdering someone if i had to stay in.... my orthopaedic surgeon usually gets me my own room (not that he spoils me!!!)

thanks for all the good wishes.... my only concern is if they find a tumour or if i end up with scarred ear drums, ah well at least they will have tried to get my hearing back!

Abby, do you belong to BritBarf? If you do you can also join BritBarf health where you could ask about Clive's diet and how it's affecting his health. Let me know if you need a link. :flowers: :flowers:

PS Glad you're OK after your fall - anaesthetics are nasty things, the effects can last ages.

I use this stuff on Ben's ears, it was recommended on that nice homoeopathic vet that in Dogs Today's web site and it's really good, smells nice too.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try sorting out a planned diet for him in the next couple of days. :flowers:

I still need real life tales for my course if anyone would like to add theirs. Have got 1 so far.

Sorry Michellle, I got half way through writing mine out for you and then got distracted by my trip. Will sort it out for you.

I am back from my sister's where I had a lovely if tiring time. However I had a horrible journey back on the train. Ironically nothing to do with the trains misbehaving. SOmeone bashed into my arm at 8am (quite gently, but doesn't take much) which set it off and I'd run out of drugs last night and couldn't get any more until I got to Shrewsbury at 11am. And that necessitated a walk into town witha gammy knee and non-functioning one arm, a sore other shoulder (woke up yesterday with even more sore bits from stupid stupid fall ) and a roller case than no longer rolled because I stepped on the handle and broke it. Had to carry it. Alarmed staff in superdrug by ripping open packet of pills at counter and throwing several down my neck.

Then on way back to station I dropped something and stupidly stretched down with my bad arm to pick it up which resulted in much pain, loud swearing and lots of nasty looks from passersby. Once on train I spent half an hour fighting off tears until the painkillers dulled hte pain. Got home to mach and whilst walking up the platform in the heavy rain dropped something else and...yes! bent down with the wrong arm. Had to drop everything and bite my tongue to not instantly burst into floods of tears. Crap crap journey.

I am sick of hurting and being useless. Went to pick up Kev's prescription and had the receptionist ask if we were serving food again yet and had to say no. FIrst person to come in the pub tonight was after food.Everyone is nice and asks how I'm doing, but they don't want to hear any of this on their night out so you lot are getting it in the neck. Sorry :flowers: I am not very emotionally strong at the moment and all I want to do is curl up and stop being broken :mecry:

can you not employ someone to cook for a while? I hope you get better soon, and not run out of painkillers :GroupHug:

I rung up this afternoon for an appointment with the doctor, thinking next week, got one for 9.30 tomorrow! ive got the hand surgeon in the afternoon. now I know not all of you didnt get on your knees and prayed for the washing machine, but can you for tomorrow please? need this sorted out :flowers: ta

So I managed to get her in, sat down and she got all over anxious, started leaping up to kiss my face and barking at me. That winded her as her lungs are filling up with tumours and she struggled to breath. David the vet said she was sounding a lot more crackly in her breathing from when she was first diagnosed back in Feb. Have changed some of her medication so we will see if this works as well or better.

Poor Tessie, I can't park right outside my house, so I had to carry her home, then settle her down and she took the best part of an hour to stop panting hard :mecry:

I think her walks are going to have to get even shorter now :(

Any good thoughts for her going spare would be appreciated

Lots of good thoughts for little Tessie here Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I went through a similar situation with Celli when she had cancer, a change of drugs gave her an extra few months.

griff, im sorry, I thought you was a fella, but with earrings and painted toenails, maybe you arnt lol. I looked at the picture under your name, looks like a fella, just clicked on it and its to add as a friend oops lol

biglaugh.gif That'll keep me chuckling for hours.

Sorry Michellle, I got half way through writing mine out for you and then got distracted by my trip. Will sort it out for you.

I am back from my sister's where I had a lovely if tiring time. However I had a horrible journey back on the train. Ironically nothing to do with the trains misbehaving. SOmeone bashed into my arm at 8am (quite gently, but doesn't take much) which set it off and I'd run out of drugs last night and couldn't get any more until I got to Shrewsbury at 11am. And that necessitated a walk into town witha gammy knee and non-functioning one arm, a sore other shoulder (woke up yesterday with even more sore bits from stupid stupid fall ) and a roller case than no longer rolled because I stepped on the handle and broke it. Had to carry it. Alarmed staff in superdrug by ripping open packet of pills at counter and throwing several down my neck.

Then on way back to station I dropped something and stupidly stretched down with my bad arm to pick it up which resulted in much pain, loud swearing and lots of nasty looks from passersby. Once on train I spent half an hour fighting off tears until the painkillers dulled hte pain. Got home to mach and whilst walking up the platform in the heavy rain dropped something else and...yes! bent down with the wrong arm. Had to drop everything and bite my tongue to not instantly burst into floods of tears. Crap crap journey.

I am sick of hurting and being useless. Went to pick up Kev's prescription and had the receptionist ask if we were serving food again yet and had to say no. FIrst person to come in the pub tonight was after food.Everyone is nice and asks how I'm doing, but they don't want to hear any of this on their night out so you lot are getting it in the neck. Sorry I am not very emotionally strong at the moment and all I want to do is curl up and stop being broken

Sounds like your having a " universe carping on you from a great height" time, lots of Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif from me.

can you not employ someone to cook for a while? I hope you get better soon, and not run out of painkillers

I rung up this afternoon for an appointment with the doctor, thinking next week, got one for 9.30 tomorrow! ive got the hand surgeon in the afternoon. now I know not all of you didnt get on your knees and prayed for the washing machine, but can you for tomorrow please? need this sorted out ta

Good luck and good thoughts for tomorrow flowers.gif

Hoping everything goes well for Kelly (Griff) tomorrow , I'll be thinking of you pet flowers.gif

Daisy is having one of her paranoia episodes " sigh" she does this from time to time for no reason I can see, although I'm sure it's perfectly plain to her, this time round she has decided she can't play or eat in the house.

Abby :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

good luck with both appointments tomorrow Jazz :flowers: and good luck with the washing machine man :biggrin: :laugh: no i am not a bloke :laugh:

thanks Jane :flowers: bless daisy :wub: she is a special girl just like my diez...my mums mates staff has a thing about feathers...she ttoally freaks and the feather has to be picked up, shown to the dog, put in the bin and you have to show her your hands...totally bizzare!

Abby hun have a big :GroupHug: shoulders are so hard to rest and pain that makes you want to cry and vomit at the same time is no fun at all. Really, really try to take things easy and do not even contemplate cooking again, not for the tiniest weeny moment. You did make me laugh though with visions of you snatching the painkillers and shoving them down your throat :laugh: soz :blush02:

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow 4 eared Griff and Jazz :flowers:

Dex is now allowed short lead walks :biggrin: I think his 15 mins earlier knackered him as he's been sleeping ever since dinner. Fleur and I have been doing girlie things together like find the squeaky pink pig - I make her sit and stay in the hall, hide the (rather grubby torso of what was once a) fluffy pink pig, and the say 'where's your piggy wiggy' in a silly voice. It's kept us amused for ages :rolleyes:

Edited by chickentikka

:laugh: at Jazz thinking griff is a bloke. Hope you get sorted tomorrow :GroupHug:

Abby you sound as though you're doing too much too soon. Please take care of yourself. Can your family not help you out in the pub at all? My inlaws were a godsend when they came to stay with us. :GroupHug:

You won't have a tv if you're not staying in Griff. I wouldn't have bothered getting the dressing gown etc. Thought you were an overnighter. Will be thinking of you. :GroupHug:

Edited by Jacobean

Thanks guys :flowers:

Unfortunately economics of pub don't stretch to employing a cook and no family is near enough. I'm hoping I can start again in 2 weeks with lots of help from Kev on prep

I have another appointment in 10 days and then I find out my scanning schedule. As the tumour turned out to be the norty kind they need to scan regularly to ensure the bone is growing back healthy, though I don't know how long that will go on for yet. And I might need the plate taking out at some point, partly because it is probably impinging on my shoulder movement due to its high posiiton. That was always a risk.

Chickentikka - you made me laughing, laughing at me so thankyou :flowers:

Off to drink tea and eat chocolate to continue my journey into non-cooking lardiness :rolleyes:

Morning tired

Abby - now this is an order - start looking after yourself and stop faffing about with your poorly bits! Feet up or else if you keep exacerbating it, it'll take longer to heal and get you back in action :GroupHug:

Jazz Good luck for today :flowers:

Daisy is having one of her paranoia episodes " sigh" she does this from time to time for no reason I can see, although I'm sure it's perfectly plain to her, this time round she has decided she can't play or eat in the house.

Bless her, hope she relaxes soon :flowers:

Tiks good news about Dex :flowers:

it seems imup

freddie was desperately asking to go out, so up I got. they have now decided its brekkie time, well they can sod off! get me up at a reasonable time and ill feed you. I really need this coffee.

must remember to pick up the washing on the way back from the doctors, its been wet in black bags for 2 days :mellow: