UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tess Is Very Poorly

JulesB

Could I ask for some Reiki and good thoughts for my old girl Tess please.

She has three compressed vertebrae in her neck and has been at the vets since last night, on morphine and a drip. On a severity scale of 1 to 5 she is a 3-4. The vet wants to keep her in for 24-48 hours to see if they can manage the pain and reduce the inflammation, before he makes any recommendations. She's not a candidate for surgery so it would be crate rest and painkillers, but we need to think about her quality of life. He says not to give up on her yet, but the next couple of days are crucial. I've go this horrible sick feeling that she's not coming home :mecry:

My heart is breaking being apart from her, especially when she is in pain. The vet doesn't want me to visit as he thinks it would distress her, and me, and he doesn't want Tess trying to move or getting upset. I called in to see the vet nurse tonight and she said Tess is lying flat on her side and quiet, but in pain when they try to turn her or help her toilet. She's been on the morphine since 7pm last night so I was hoping she would be a bit more comfortable by now :(

She's 14 now and my soul dog. A once in a lifetime girl. If you had any Reiki you could send, or any good thoughts for her, we would both be very grateful.

2009_0421April0163.jpg

tess2-1.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic