UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Home again after a horrid drive on the M4 / M25 & M23 :rolleyes: Roadworks, torrential rain, spray, variable speed limit etc. On the plus side, one lovely Lab boy now safe :wub:

Going to make the dogs some Magic Muttballs from my Pupcakes book :biggrin:

RMF : Beau was a really good boy with the cows. He used to chase them given half a chance so had to be on lead whenever we were anywhere near them, but I did some 'leave it' training with him near the cows (on lead) towards the end of last year before they were taken in for winter and it appears to have paid off.

Well done, Beau. :bigsmiley: It's so nice when they start to come right. Co's five now so it's been a long time coming.

We had playing!!

Only about 30secs worth, but finally after weeks of trying Breckin managed to get Piglet to play with him :biggrin:

Operation integration is going so very very well. Only Khanu is still having moments, but they tend to be over guarding me and aren't exactly unexpected knowing Khanu. Even those episodes are over before they start and are few and far between. Piglet is still a bit overawed when all 5 are out together in the house and garden (walks are fine as my lot tend to do their own thing with the odd play interspersed) but as his confidence is growing he is finding it easier to deal with.

I'm so proud of my guys, they pretty much leave him to it after the initial invitations to play. He slept with the others in the kitchen last night in the big crate and not a murmur was heard all night.

Syd is pleased with new arrangements - he has been grumbling at the others through the night recently so he has been coming upstairs to bed and so his crate has been free. I'm not so pleased - Syd almost scared me to death twice last night by jumping on the bed beside me when I was fast asleep, I swear I screamed the first time he did it. I may have to get another 2 dog beds now. 1 to replace the one that Breckin is determined to destroy and one for Syd upstairs. Maybe I'll take the partially destroyed one upstairs and get a tuffies for Breck since those beds are the only ones that have withstood him so far.

Had a lovely lovely long walk after work with Duncan.I hadn't appreciated just how much our walks had slowed down over the last few months to accomodate Daisy's needs :wub: I miss her desperately but it is lovely to really stretch out on a good walk and not stop for rests frequently.He's lying beside me snoring his head off now :laugh: Does anyone know of an interactive map that I can trace my walks on,would be interesting to see just how far we went,were out for 3 hours.

Had a lovely lovely long walk after work with Duncan.I hadn't appreciated just how much our walks had slowed down over the last few months to accomodate Daisy's needs :wub: I miss her desperately but it is lovely to really stretch out on a good walk and not stop for rests frequently.He's lying beside me snoring his head off now :laugh: Does anyone know of an interactive map that I can trace my walks on,would be interesting to see just how far we went,were out for 3 hours.

http://www.walkjogrun.co.uk/about/

biggrin.gif

Does anyone know of an interactive map that I can trace my walks on,would be interesting to see just how far we went,were out for 3 hours.

Not sure if its going to be any good, but I applied for a step counter from here Get Walking I'd suggest lying when you fill it in - I put my usual walk times etc and didnt qualify so got my mum to apply :laugh:

Had to sit in a tail back on the M90 for over an hour, there had been a really bad crash ( car on it's side facing the wrong way, looked like it had come down the "off ramp" the wrong way) why do people have to rubber neck at an accident angry.gif, I just think it's so wrong, somebody possibly died there, and the rubber neckers cause huge tail backs, it took over an hour to go 1 mile.