UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Morning. Not raining here. Yet!

Up and about and we're off out soon. Just trying to persuade Mr B to part company with his bed, and think I'll chop up some manky cheese for dog treats.

I note that Daisy, who went to bed still looking as if she was wearing half the garden, is now sparkling white again. Mmmmmmm. Wonder where all that mud is now.

See you later.

Wet here too. My cherry tree is just in blossom and the apple trees are just on the point of coming out too, am sitting here stressing that the blossom will all get damp and the bees will stay at home and I will have no cherries or apples this year... Sadly the trees are too big for umbrellas! :laugh: After all that sun we had for weeks and weeks, why does it have to rain NOW? :rolleyes:

:ohmy: Merledogs has buried teddies in her spare room! What did those teddies DO? :laugh:

Did not need to move any dogs yesterday after all, day off at last. Spent far too much time lounging about. Have now looked at state of house :ohmy:

It's a good thing I have a dog free front garden. The back lawn now has holes in as Wispa has invented Lawn Snooker. This is much the same as ordinary snooker but you don't have cues, you bat the ball with your paw, and if it doesn't go into a hole you dig an extra hole next to the ball so it falls in.

Amy :GroupHug: tell the blighters you are not Superwoman. Not quite, anyway.

Flippin' freezing here - 7 degrees!!! Just back from training and I'm c-c-c-cold, so I'm sitting by the fire eating toast and drinking fruit tea. FGS - it's May!!

On the good side, Co was so focussed and did everything I asked him - the clicker training is obviously having some effect

:partytime:

Good boy Co wub.gif

We had a walk with our doggy friends - 9 dogs in total. I was getting out of the car at the same time as a family with two girls, one about 7 ish, the other about 4/5. They had a golden retriever with them and they were very much in the "my dog's friendly so it's okay" camp. They then decided to follow me down from the car with my four, and then into the field where I met with my friend and her 5 dogs, two of which are yorkies which are not other dog friendly so had to be put on lead. Beau also had to go on lead as he had taken exception to this dog when they met nose to nose up near the car (Beau was on lead). We walked up the other end of the field away from the other people - they followed is. So we walked off into the woods to a quieter bit - they followed us. We walked further away from them again - they followed us again. The kids were just walking up to the nearest dog patting them on the head. Thankfully all the dogs are people friendly, but I dread to think what could have happened if they weren't. Eventually my friend and I left the field and walked in the opposite direction to get away from them.

RMF : Beau was a really good boy with the cows. He used to chase them given half a chance so had to be on lead whenever we were anywhere near them, but I did some 'leave it' training with him near the cows (on lead) towards the end of last year before they were taken in for winter and it appears to have paid off. We walked right near the cows and he was ever such a good boy, he mostly ignored them and when he went over to them, he just stood and looked at them and came back as soon as I called him wub.gif I'm so proud of my bootiful boy wub.gif Now if only training Taffy was so easy rolleyes.gif I am determined to get him to the same stage though, he has already started ignoring motorcycles (which he used to bark his head off at) and cyclists (ditto) just by using a 'leave it' command, so it can be done.

Edited by merledogs

Amy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif (PS : Haven't forgotten about the teddies, but am slowly working my way through the carp in my spare room, where they are buried).

No rush Ive still got a few from my last begging session on freecycle :laugh:

I found an old memory card which is slightly larger than the one currently in my camera so swapped them. I thought it was blank but found photos from a couple of years ago of Rudy I didnt know I had. Its been 18 months since I lost him and still miss him :(

rudybear.jpg

Am feeling much more calm after my outburst last night

Aw Rudy. He was a very special bunny :wub:

Afternoon. Is cold, windy and probably going to be a lot wet today. Scoobs has been very good lately but reverted back to horrible moody grump with a choc lab this morning. Not that we take chances with him but sometimes we get a chink and think hmm maybe. We have to be contented that he now loves his bruvvers.

Good lad Como. :wub:

I'm going to be studying and having a major clear out, tidy and clean up today and tomorrow. The house has suffered from me never having an off switch from work and rescue.