UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

Mrs B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into work, only to get sent home again by my boss. Having dosed myself up on painkillers and antibiotics, I came back via B&Q, cos I figured if I was going to be housebound all weekend with poorliness, I was at least going to do some pottering in the garden. Now imagine having the worst cramp you've ever had which hits you every time you move and makes you feel faint and nauseous, then imagine wandering round B&Q for an hour and a half, and lugging big bags of bark chippings about. Ow is all I can say. I got home, by which time the painkillers were doing a marvellous job, so I decided to do three hours of back breaking work, digging holes, planting plants, spreading bags of wood chippings on the front lawn and potting a lovely miniature lilac which I bought into a tub. Not only is my pain from the diverticulitis worse than ever but my back is killing me and I just know it's gonna be much worse tomorrow. I am officially a plonker rolleyes.gif

I also have 4 rhododendrons which need to be planted out in the back garden tomorrow if I am up to it. I will have to fence them off so the dogs can't wee on them. The front garden does look good though cos I also got my next door neighbour Dave to chop down the Eucalyptus which was neither use nor ornament.

Mrs B Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs

I think Trailhounds are a bit lighter in build than foxhounds, they were bred to be faster and more agile.

Right, thank you. This poor foxhound is very stressy, so might be a bit skinnier than he should be.

My car has just had it's power steering sensors recallibrated, let's hope that it fixes the intermittent power steering problem.

Evening. Busy day again but thats pretty normal these days. At least the sun shining makes the place even more lovely to be :)

Came home & took the dogs straight to the Downs. The Rhododenron walks opens at Bowood tomorrow so going to take the dogs there. If anyone is in this area, until next weekend its free entry:

"Due to the long winter and cold spring, the plants in the Bowood Rhododendron Garden are approximately a week behind their normal flowering season. The woodland garden will open as advertised on Saturday, 24th April. Admission will be free up to and inclusive of Friday, 30th"

Dogs on-lead allowed :wink:

Evening.  I have survived the first week of my new job  :biggrin:  Everyone is really friendly, and I'm feeling very positive.  It's taking a bit of adjusting to get used to being in an office all day - I don't get to see the dogs anywhere near as much, which I hate :(  But, as far as office jobs go, it's a really good environment, so I'm not complaining :)

Am hoping to do lots of gardening this weekend.  And Logan has an assessment for socialization classes - am hoping he doesn't disgrace himself  :unsure:

Sorry, haven't read back very far, but  :GroupHug: to Alex - hope the flare up settles down soon, and fingers crossed for Sam - I hope you get the news your hoping for on Monday.

We made a spur of the moment trip to Wales today as my mum had a couple of jobs she needed doing - traffic on the M4 and surrounding roads is a nightmare for anyone wanting to get westbound today due to a very bad accident - 3 jncts are closed just past Cardiff and have been since 10am and aren't expected to reopen before 11pm tonight. We were fortunate to have just missed getting caught in it going down and whilst the roads were bad coming home we did at least pretty much keep moving - I really really feel for anyone who got caught up in that today.

Nog continued to walk on all 4 legs most of the time today - so on the way home we stopped and found a farm track on a slight slope with a grassy middle and let him off lead for the first time since he broke his leg he was a bit reluctant to move away from us initially but after a few moments of standing looking at us to make sure we really had meant to let him off lead he suddenly kicked up his heels and cantered off (on 3 legs rolleyes.gif laugh.gif ) it didn't take long though before he started to go faster and faster up and down the track ending up with a flat out gallop during which all 4 legs did get used albeit only for a short stretch. biggrin.gif We called a halt after about 10 mins since this was his first free exercise in 8 months and we don't want to over do it but he was beaming from ear to ear when we got back to the car. wub.gif

Alex, you're a plank. :biggrin:

I was officially feeling much better owing to much less coughing. Mr B returned home - no baking - he hadn't listened to his mobile (and this is the only means I have of contacting him during the day short of an absolute life and death emergency) - oh, and now the van needed picking up so he needed my chauffeuring skills.

By the time I had collected cakes, acted as chauffeur, made dinner and washed up, I am back to coughing my insides out.

Lesson to self - thinking you are feeling better due to sitting around, just means that you are helping the healing process, not that you are actually fit again.

If I cough all night tonight, I shall lurk around here and generally annoy any night owls around.

It is my boy's gotcha day. :wub: