March Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigelsad.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Sam, that is one amazing story!biggrin.gif

Well a very bad and a good day for us today.

Good for little Patchy who is desperate for a Foster Home and looks like I have found one for him a mile or so up the road. He's under the care of Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue and came in via a vet as a neglect case, almost starved to death, poor wee lad sad.gif

Bad news for my darling oldie Piggy wub.gif who was attacked by three (ownerless?) dogs whilst we were out on a little walk round some woods this morningsad.gif . She has been to the vets and is OK, narrowly escaping a stitch or two, just an awful lot of puncture wounds. Not nother car in the car park but mine. I'm reporting it tomorrowdry.gif

Woe is me:

pa-1.jpg

PS. I will have Daisy Celeste, I don't mind if she's sick on my pillow, honest! Goes nicely with Aggie keeping me awake with slurp sounds as she spends all night licking the sweat off my husband's bald head!

Sam, have you heard of a charity called Sri Lankan Animal SOS? I've noticed them in a few of the papers the last few weeks asking for donations x

yes they are a much much larger charity than Dogstar in monetary terms ( hence newspaper adverts ) they are based on the south coast of the Island about 6 hours away from us

Dr P one of our Sri Lankan Vets posted this on facebook today

Two more dogs were sterilized recently.. Alltogether 4 after Mo left..

6 new dogs and a cat was supported wt vaccinations..

And 5 dogs wt parasitic dermatitis were treated..

And 2 more diseased dogs were supported wt treatments....

All these are done wt the great support of DSF..

THANX DSF AND ALL THE CONTRIBUTERS....

Thanx!

Dr P runs a small clinic locally to us and Dogstar is her major client, she works with us providing treatment for owned and street animals plus Dogstars Temple dogs. Dogstar pay for all the treatments and she is now able to offer free services to poor families knowing Dogstar will cover her costs and more importantly the medication costs.

if you support us in any way then Dr P's thanks are for you as well

Cheers guys flowers.gif

Bad news for my darling oldie Piggy wub.gif who was attacked by three (ownerless?) dogs whilst we were out on a little walk round some woods this morningsad.gif . She has been to the vets and is OK, narrowly escaping a stitch or two, just an awful lot of puncture wounds. Not nother car in the car park but mine. I'm reporting it tomorrowdry.gif

Woe is me:

pa-1.jpg

poor poor little Piggy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif you need lots and lots of sausages and cuddles

Helen , what a bloody shock for you too Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif hope you are also okay

PS. I will have Daisy Celeste, I don't mind if she's sick on my pillow, honest! Goes nicely with Aggie keeping me awake with slurp sounds as she spends all night licking the sweat off my husband's bald head!

Your on !, she's very good with the hen's btw, so you won't have any problems on that count biggrin.gif.

Poor little Piggie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif, hope she's not been to traumatised by her ordeal Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I can see a re-homing on the horizon ( not Daisy this time ) our neighbours who are in their early 60's I think, got themselves a little black Lab puppy at Christmas, the lady has problems walking, so surprise surprise, she''s now finding it difficult to walk her every day, and they are now complaining that she's too active wacko.gifangry.gif. I'm going to try and stick my nose in a bit and see if I can give them some idea's about keeping her amused, but I don't know them that well, the cottage they live in is a rental, so we get all sort's moving in and out, at least if I get involved I'll be in a position to help re-homing her if it comes to that.

This new Richard Hammond prog is quite good, he is a cutie, there was a bit on with him and his horses, you can see he really loves them wub.gif

Evening

Thanks to a wonderful suggestion of Amy's to take Solpadeine Max I feel a whole lot better and just very very tired.

OMG poor Cassie. That must have been terrifying for you both :GroupHug: Give her a gentle squidge from me please. Hope the wounds stay clear of infection.

Nigel have been thinking of you and Lisa. :GroupHug:

Pleased the dear little dog in Sri Lanka has been found. What a sweetie. :wub:

Hope everyone is ok as have been out of things for about a week.

Morning :wavey:

im off to bed. the dogs are getting me up about 6 needing the loo, so going to have a 'reverse lie in' lol

Ooo, I have a new name for it now, I go to bed at 9 every night and watch telly for a bit before I nod off flowers.gif

pa-1.jpg

Poor Piggy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif sad.gif wub.gif

I can see a re-homing on the horizon ( not Daisy this time ) our neighbours who are in their early 60's I think, got themselves a little black Lab puppy at Christmas, the lady has problems walking, so surprise surprise, she''s now finding it difficult to walk her every day, and they are now complaining that she's too active

Oh FFS, do people not actually think before they get a dog? angry.gif

Michelle I am pleased to hear you're feeling better flowers.gif

:biggrin: morning all,had a phonecall from the youngest of the 2 boys I nannied in Beirut,he's 35 now :laugh: and is getting married 29th May in Beirut and wants me to go over.But I'm worried about leaving Daisy,will check my vet and see if any of the staff homesit or have dogs in their homes,would probably only go for a long weekend.

Anyone going to the HWAR show at Brockhampton Estate on 6th June? I want to do an Oldies stall but need someone to help me please,also another in Beer on 22nd May if anyone is in East Devon?

Oh FFS, do people not actually think before they get a dog? angry.gif

Michelle I am pleased to hear you're feeling better flowers.gif

Thank goodness the marathon migraine is getting better.

No, people do not think before they get a dog. One of my dog walking mates is very worried about one of her friends who decided without much forethought to get a dog. She is dog phobic and can get panic attacks around them. Now if she had got a very steady mature dog that might have been a way forward, as that is what I did with great success.

But what did she get? A pup :unsure: A weimaraner :wacko: A male :ohmy: Good thing there are dog-aware friends to help out if/when things go pearshaped, but what an insane choice.

Poor Piggy :GroupHug:

Haven't read back very far so sorry for all I missed.

oh poor cassie, that looks so nasty..bad enough for one dog to be running loose and attack but 3 :ohmy: poor girl didn't stand a chance :(

oh dear.... i hope the people manage to find a way to cope with the puppy or you can help them find him/her a good home

oh the joy of 48 inch crates..... i had that pleasure a couple of weeks ago and still have the bruises (plus half the lving room has vanished :laugh: )

waiting for the couriers again today... 2 parcels hopefully due today one very urgently required but now i have to juggle the couriers and a vet visit :wacko: