UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

well am back. The vet thinks he has had a reaction to the Thornit I've been using for two weeks. He cleaned his ear out (lots of pus :( ) , Henry was crying thoughou, which reduced me to tears then.

He's been given antibiotics and a lampshade, which has to be kept on for 7 days. He has been glaring at since we got back

What a s*** life for him :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Poor Henry, and poor you. :GroupHug:

BUT, he's lucky to have a mummy who loves him very much, and who does her best to keep him comfortable. :flowers:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all! ive just got in

ive signed for the car

been for coffee

picked up the crate, only 1, I didnt have to buy the 2nd one, what nice people to know

been for dinner

got the dog food and ours from the butchers

went to the pet shop, they were selling off cat collars and dog toys, so stocked up. cat toys are for the TRPD quizzes

the dogs are in the garden with big bones, they love me lol

hugs to all xxxx

:GroupHug: Alex

:GroupHug: Henry and Cheryl :GroupHug:

Jacko hurt a dog yesterday :( He bit his bum for no reason at all. I feel very bad about it and am going to have to be more careful with him. The lady was lovely about it which made me whinge more than if she had shouted at me :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry about Henry, what a huge worry for you CherylGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Celeste, am v much liking the sound of Benwub.gif

Rottie chaos at Pingu's sounds like fun lol!

RMF: am more gutted than a gutted thing. Patchy didn't make it over today to his new Foster home. He went to the vets this morning as there was concern over him and the vet says he is too ill to be moved. He weighs only 10.2kg, which is about half the weight for a staffy. Poor, poor little lovemecry.gifApparently he loved everyone at the vets and was giving them all kisses. Dogs are so forgiving aren't they? Fair breaks your heart it does. Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue are going to pursue a neglect case against the previous owner.

My theory is that Ben is researching a book that he is writing : "Perplexing your Owner the Bendolina way" rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

laugh.gif.....or 101 Way's to Bankrupt Your Owner.

:ohmy:Thats my new business venture what I am putting to the Jobcentre today to see if I can get funding. You mindreading :laugh: It will be looking after peoples' pets in their own home while they are at work - a dog-wee-break-provider :laugh: I am absolutely bricking it - appointment is at 4pm. In theory it should work - I've had a couple of people look through the business proposition and business plan, it all looks OK, and the huge bonus being I can work as much or as little as I'm comfortable with.

Hope it went well flowers.gif

Any dog walkers I speak to round here are always full up, there does seem to be a real demand for the service.

RMF: am more gutted than a gutted thing. Patchy didn't make it over today to his new Foster home. He went to the vets this morning as there was concern over him and the vet says he is too ill to be moved. He weighs only 10.2kg, which is about half the weight for a staffy. Poor, poor little lovemecry.gifApparently he loved everyone at the vets and was giving them all kisses. Dogs are so forgiving aren't they? Fair breaks your heart it does. Wiltshire Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue are going to pursue a neglect case against the previous owner.

sad.gif, good grief, poor wee scone, Dinkle weighs 16Kg and she's titchy, he really must be a bag of bones sad.gif

2010_0314first0020.jpg Here's Bendolina, got PB to behave itself, it's really been playing up recently. This is Ben doing one of his favourite things, watching, TM's were originally used as a flock guardian, so he loves to get himself settled at the highest point in the garden and keep an eye on the comings and goings of all the neighbours, letting rip with a great big booming bark if anyone so much as rustles a crisp packet, but he's really the soppiest big galloot I've ever known wub.gif

Lots of good thoughts for Patchy :GroupHug: poor mite.

Hope Henry improves soon. I've never heard of a dog having a reaction to Thornit before.

Heavy rain and fog here, but we really needed some rain. I have been moving a powderpuff dog allegedly aged 6 months (yes of course he is, and I'm 21) from one rescuer to another who has a new home waiting for him. Ex-puppy farm, and unbelievably filthy, sticky and smelly, poor chap. Even as I write he will be in the bath being shampooed and and made clean and fluffy, probably for the first time ever. When I got home the girls were disgusted. There was flaring of nostrils and blowing through noses with much huffing and puffing until I removed the offending fleece and shoved it into the washer.

poor Patchy :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all the other poorly dogs :GroupHug:

I'm absolutely drained after a very hard week at work, every day has brought so many people in dire situations. The worse one was when a vulnerable lady, (one of I support because of her mental health issues), decided that the best thing to do was to put a candle on top of the tumble drier in her cupboard (which also housed the electrics for her flat), because the light bulb needed replacing. The candle fell over and started a fire and the smoke travelled up into the flats above where many people have young children. The neighbours called the fire service and the fire was contained. Could have been a whole lot worse. :(

I have a day off tomorrow, so have a long weekend to refresh myself. :rolleyes:

Alex and Marge :GroupHug: for cr@ppy work situations.

Cheryl, at least Henry has someone that loves him enough not to let him just suffer from the irritation. :GroupHug:

I am sure you have already done it, but have you looked at his diet too for his general skin problems....leaving out certain food groups for a few weeks at a time?

Helen, I hope Staffy is able to go to foster soon so he can catch up on some well deserved cuddles. :GroupHug:

Alicia, when do you get your car and what did you choose in the end?

Julia, :GroupHug: Norty Jacko. Are there any specific circumstances that make him react?

Edited by safneo

Julia, :GroupHug: Norty Jacko. Are there any specific circumstances that make him react?

His reaction on this occasion was different to anything he has done before. The dog had walked past us and I let him go which has always been fine. This time he went back to bite him :unsure: . My theory is that is because I did not have his ball to distract him (can't throw still because of tennis elbow :rolleyes: ) but I am no expert so could be completely wrong.... We have seen and passed this dog lots of times though with no reaction....

:GroupHug: Marge :GroupHug:

His reaction on this occasion was different to anything he has done before. The dog had walked past us and I let him go which has always been fine. This time he went back to bite him :unsure: . My theory is that is because I did not have his ball to distract him (can't throw still because of tennis elbow :rolleyes: ) but I am no expert so could be completely wrong.... We have seen and passed this dog lots of times though with no reaction....

That is exactly the same behaviour as Neo. If he is in a group of dogs now he is 'fine' (though always muzzled) but if he sees a dog one on one he will have a go or try to if he gets chance. The only distraction is his ball addiction even though he rarely gets to fetch it as he is muzzled! Nutty Collies! :rolleyes:

ive gone for another nissan note. its got a sat nav, parking sensers, all the mod cons. ooo and adaptions lol its due in next week. im a tad excited :biggrin:

Do you get free dog snot too? :laugh: Dont forget we want pics before it gets dogified! :laugh:

Evening

Logged on here yesterday then was given the big boot. Charmed I'm sure :laugh:

So much going on for people and their furry families at the moment.

Sounds like Henry could just have got an ear infection to me Cheryl. Especially if he's been in water but then what do I know. Poor little chap. Can't be nice forever being irritated but you're doing your best for him and that's all he can ask for. There are a lot of dogs out there whose owners just leave them like that. Wish you could get to the bottom of it for both your sakes. :GroupHug:

Marge that's a tough job you've got :GroupHug:

Alex sorry your boss is being such an idiot. :GroupHug:

Julia :GroupHug:

Poor little staffy. Hope he recovers ok to have a good new life. To think he only weighs a little bit more than Scooby that is very shocking. :GroupHug: