UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

Afternoon. Not read back so Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to whoever needs one.

Hellishly busy day at work, my director just piles more and more stuff on me and it all needs to be done yesterday. I am not cancelling my leave on Thurs/Friday though cos my exam is Monday angry.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently "on hold" to O2 in an effort to persuade them to do me a good contract thingy. (Ooooh errrrr. Bit advanced for wrinkly fuddy duddy granny types like me). At the rate we are going my battery will be flat and my chips healthe green salad will be cooked before they answer.

Now which one of you lot was responsible for causing me to pounce on some unsuspecting soul in the works car park tonight in order to peer into the 'boot' of their Honda CRV thingys?

The only problem is that I like it and they want to sell it next month - and I don't think we can afford!

Now which one of you lot was responsible for causing me to pounce on some unsuspecting soul in the works car park tonight in order to peer into the 'boot' of their Honda CRV thingys?

Not me :whistle: :angel:

How much are you looking to spend? Parkers gives you a guide on what you should pay as well as reviews. Even the higher mileage ones are good value provided they have been regularly serviced. The write up on reliability was a large part of the decision to buy one, plus the large boot space of course.

HUGE WOE IS ME POST

my allergies are back , 50 % of the time I am confined to the upstairs of the house ( my bedroom where the dogs are not allowed ) and tonight I have been sneezing violently on and off for the last 4 hours

and when I say violently I mean so hard I am pulling muscles , my head feels like its going to explode , I am crying and my nose and eyes are red raw

The only thing that comes even close to controlling it is the acupuncture but thats not an option at the moment

I have air filters on 24/7 and I am using all manner of products but the bottom line is I am allergic to my own dogs and its getting worsemecry.gifrehoming them is just not an option ( which is what so many people say when I tell them ) and I can understand why people with real allergies do sometimes rehome pets because I would not wish this on anyone. If I lived alone I would have to as on days like this what company would the dogs get !

The really odd thing is there are days when I am totally and utterly okay with them but on a day I am not I can't be within 6 feet of Holly inside the house ( or anywhere she goes )

hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and it will be one of my allergy free days , my body could do with a break from the sneezing mecry.gif

end of huge woe is me post

But you see "not me Merledogs", this one just happens to be nearly 4 years old and just happens to only have 19k on the clock! Not exactly going to put it in the cheap and cheerful category.

Mr B's been on the 'phone re holiday (another thorn in my side) and I have 'mentioned' it .......... think I may now be allowed to leave a note on the guy's windscreen asking him to contact me with more info.

Sam, your allergies sound very very horrible. Here's hoping tomorrow is a non-allergy day - and yes, I can quite understand that rehoming Squirrel dogs is not an option!

Jazz, there seems to be a theme at your house with poo and feet! :laugh:

Coryn, hope you get that 'even better' news tomorrow. :flowers:

Sophie, good luck for the formal interview. :flowers:

Well Mrs Squiggs, how can anyone NOT be impressed by what you have done? It shows you are a do-er not just a talker :biggrin: And it shows great commitment. All great qualities when looking for someone to employ :flowers: Sorry to hear that you are suffering with your allergies again. Is it something that you are free from in Sri Lanka? Is the acupunture horrendously expensive? Is it not something you can train to do yourself? Not something I have looked into before for myself.

Alex :GroupHug: Make sure you take a little of that time for yourself to chill and give your brain a rest before your exam.

The only problem is that I like it and they want to sell it next month - and I don't think we can afford!

:biggrin: Let me know what its like!

My precious little boy Neo is a wounded soldier again. :rolleyes: He was limping yesterday after his Sunday run (he gets an extra free run on Sundays as its quieter at lunch time). This has happened before but he was fine the next day after a rest. Last night he was whining and I realised that he was on the footstool and couldnt get down. I went to help him off and he growled at me. I had a feel round him trying to get a hold without touching his shoulder and he growled at me again. :( I knew then that this was worse as he normally trusts me to do most things with him. I had to encourage him to get off on his own in the end. I put him next to the radiator to get some heat on his poorly shoulder. Took him to the vets today and it appears my baby boy has a touch of arthritis. He has metacam for a week and we have to see how he goes then possibly back for xrays. Good job I get paid this week! :rolleyes:

HUGE WOE IS ME POST

my allergies are back , 50 % of the time I am confined to the upstairs of the house ( my bedroom where the dogs are not allowed ) and tonight I have been sneezing violently on and off for the last 4 hours

and when I say violently I mean so hard I am pulling muscles , my head feels like its going to explode , I am crying and my nose and eyes are red raw

The only thing that comes even close to controlling it is the acupuncture but thats not an option at the moment

I have air filters on 24/7 and I am using all manner of products but the bottom line is I am allergic to my own dogs and its getting worsemecry.gifrehoming them is just not an option ( which is what so many people say when I tell them ) and I can understand why people with real allergies do sometimes rehome pets because I would not wish this on anyone. If I lived alone I would have to as on days like this what company would the dogs get !

The really odd thing is there are days when I am totally and utterly okay with them but on a day I am not I can't be within 6 feet of Holly inside the house ( or anywhere she goes )

hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and it will be one of my allergy free days , my body could do with a break from the sneezing mecry.gif

end of huge woe is me post

:GroupHug: Sam,

A couple of things have you tried Petal, do you use a Dyson vacuum cleaner, as I've found since getting rid of ours my allergies have improved.

I had completely forgotten about the free stuff that I ordered from the milkman until Rob almost tripped over it on the doorstep on his way to work laugh.gif I have just enjoyed a lovely ice cold glass of orange juice which was colder than if it had been in my fridge all night - I can't remember the last time I had a delivery from a milkman - it's been decades makes me feel all nostaligic, might seriously consider making it a regular delivery.

I feel sorry for the milkman with everyone buying from the supermarkets, but if they brought their prices down to near them, people might buy from them again.

I have a thing about being able to park when I get somewhere, and driving in the rush hour. Ive not slept well, thinking about going to south mimms for 6pm. I could be leaving a 'tad' earlier, to avoid that, and all the ruddy roadworks around here

Mr B's been on the 'phone re holiday (another thorn in my side) and I have 'mentioned' it .......... think I may now be allowed to leave a note on the guy's windscreen asking him to contact me with more info.

Sam, your allergies sound very very horrible. Here's hoping tomorrow is a non-allergy day - and yes, I can quite understand that rehoming Squirrel dogs is not an option!

Good luck with the car shopping , sadly I have been downstairs breifly once this morning and my eyes are streaming again ( poor Holly has no idea why her mum keeps crying )

Sorry to hear that you are suffering with your allergies again. Is it something that you are free from in Sri Lanka? Is the acupunture horrendously expensive? Is it not something you can train to do yourself? Not something I have looked into before for myself.

Took him to the vets today and it appears my baby boy has a touch of arthritis. He has metacam for a week and we have to see how he goes then possibly back for xrays. Good job I get paid this week! :rolleyes:

accupunture is £35 a session and I need to go at least once a week huh.gif

Poor Neo , I hope the metacam gives him some relief Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

:GroupHug: Sam,

A couple of things have you tried Petal, do you use a Dyson vacuum cleaner, as I've found since getting rid of ours my allergies have improved.

I have not tried Petal yet , I am using something like it called bac to nature allergen control

http://www.bactonatu...gencontrol.html

you can spray it on the animal direct but Holly is scared of sprays so I am going to try and wipe her with a damp microfibre with it on instead ( she is scared of mircofibre as well but less so than sprays ! )

I will order some petal cleanse today , the results look really impressive

I do have Dyson ( an allergry control one ) how did you discover yours was making things worse and what do you use now ?

I can't remember the last time I had a delivery from a milkman - it's been decades makes me feel all nostaligic, might seriously consider making it a regular delivery.

we still have a milkman and our milk comes in glass bottles which I love

I am hiding in my bedroom for a bit with the laptop then will take the squigg dogs out , I feel so sorry for them sitting downstairs wondering why I am upstairs sneezing ( I am sure they blame the cats )

My dad was allergic to their dog and took part in the trials for petal cleanse it worked fantastically for him. They also got rid of their dyson and replaced it with an electrolux velocity pet lover which i also have as its fab for dog hair

Hope you get some relief soon :GroupHug:

They were very intrested in Dogstar as well and at the end the MD said it was the most impressive thing on my CV by far !

I think that was a good thing laugh.gif

ooh Sam - you have a brilliant 3 page article about Dogstar in this week's Veterinary Times, written by one of the graduate volunteers. Have you seen it?