UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Rmf

merledogs

My dad was allergic to their dog and took part in the trials for petal cleanse it worked fantastically for him. They also got rid of their dyson and replaced it with an electrolux velocity pet lover which i also have as its fab for dog hair

Hope you get some relief soon :GroupHug:

I have ordered some petal cleanse this morning , its got to be worth a go. Bit gutted the Dyson could be a problem as we brought it specially for my allergies

ooh Sam - you have a brilliant 3 page article about Dogstar in this week's Veterinary Times, written by one of the graduate volunteers. Have you seen it?

I have seen a paper copy and its lovely biggrin.gif I am trying to scan a copy so we can share online as I can't get the online version as its subscription only. I am going to ring the editor later and ask if we can have a PDF version.

I was amazed to see how much coverage we got as well

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your allergy problem sounds awful Sam...are you sure it's the dogs and not the cats?

I saw a consultant last night..he had a prod around my abdomen, talked to me about what the ultrasound scan showed, then said he'll send me a letter to make an appt for a CAT scan of the kidneys and also probably a renogram, one shows if there is any sort of blockage, either from narrowing of the tube, a stone or a tumour (hope it's not the last!), the other shows if both kidneys are doing the same amount of work. He said that even if it all looks ok, he'll want me to have regular follow up scans. Oh good..that to go with the regular blood tests and checks ups from the haematology and the not quite so regular ones for my knee! :laugh: I should be able to claim free meals from the hospital cafe, as a regular user.

My OH has received confirmation that he is now out of the TUPE process! :biggrin: he doesn't yet know which department he'll be working in, but the great thing is he has a job, and it's with his company.

Great news about your OH, suzeanna :biggrin: Sorry to hear you will be spending so much time at the hospital, it can be most tiring and tedious.

Get well soon, Neo :GroupHug:

I will take a look at that electrolux vacuum. I don't like Dysons, all those I have had have suffered from bits breaking off them, and I have a mega shedding dog here. I don't know where it all comes from, there is more hair on the floor than on the dog even though her coat is nice and thick and in good condition.

Hope you can find a solution to the allergy problem, Sam.

sorry to hear you have more hospital appointments Suzeanna but excellcant news about your hubbies job

re dogs and cats , I am 99 % sure the cats are not a factor as its when I am in the rooms the dogs use the most that it starts. My cats don't listen to the "no animals" in the bedroom rule and do sleep on and in my bed !

I am going to ask granny squiggs if she can take Holly for a few hours this afternoon so I can do battle with the Dyson ( that makes me sneeze and Holly thinks its going to eat her ) and I am going to try and really blitz the living room which is the room I can bearly enter now

I feel sorry for the milkman with everyone buying from the supermarkets, but if they brought their prices down to near them, people might buy from them again.

Unfortunately they just don't have the same buying power as supermarkets, so they can't possibly compete on pricing.

I should be able to claim free meals from the hospital cafe, as a regular user.

My OH has received confirmation that he is now out of the TUPE process! biggrin.gif he doesn't yet know which department he'll be working in, but the great thing is he has a job, and it's with his company.

Fab news about your OH and hope your poorliness is nothing sinister flowers.gif

Wiggle has been to see the skin vet for a checkup as he's not seen her for nearly a year. She is very pleased with him and thinks he looks in perfect condition :wub: :biggrin: He had bloods taken for tests, as he is still on the Atopica but said we can try reducing him down to one capsule over 3 days instead of every other day :)

Sofy was a good girl too as its the first time I've left her but taken Wiggle. I filled a Kong with soaked kibble and sardines, then froze it overnight. When I got home she was fast asleep on her bed (the spare room bed :laugh: ) and the empty Kong on her bed downstairs :biggrin:

Poor Neo, :wub: hope he's feeling a little better Safneo.

Good news about your OH suzeanna, lets hope you get some good news now. :flowers:

Owl, you will be pleased to know Flynn had a visitor today, looks promising for him. :)

Jazz, I still have my milk delivered, I know it costs more, but milkmen are worth their weight in gold. During the bad weather, we had fresh milk and bread everyday and I know some of my elderly neighbours were grateful for the service.

Well done Wiggle :wub: thats nice news. :)

Owl, you will be pleased to know Flynn had a visitor today, looks promising for him. :)

I had been hoping that was the good news you mentioned. Paws crossed for him to be in a suitable home soon.

Jazz, get well soon!

They are threading in our Shopping Centre at the moment.

I have never had it done but am wondering whether to go there now ...... or whether they will have packed up and gone home!

I think I may be in a rash mood!