UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to the Veterinary Physio who was very nice - she'd already spoken to Nog's vet so she has had all the background info etc. her first words to me were "you've all been through the mill a bit with Nog haven't you" said as a statement not a question lol anyway we had a chat about things like muscle memory and electro stimulation and she offered to see Nog friday in Monmouth but theres no way I can do that, but she is potentially going to be at the vet hospital Tuesday which is the same day Nog has his dressing change, so she's gonna ring them tomorrow and see if I can change my appointment and see if they'd let me see her there - which would be fantastic if that comes off. She also explained a bit more why Hydro isn't suitable yet (essentially because Nog needs some muscle first) but once he "remembers" he has a leg that he can use and the muscle stretches and starts to function then it'll probably be underwater treadmill time. Ideally Nog will need physio daily - so the plan is to teach me how to use the machine and she'll let me borrow it and do the physio myself at home.

Meantime Nog is tentatively using the leg to steady himself every now and again for which he gets a lot of fuss and rewards and I definately saw him hop on it when he was turning round on his bed - it was only the briefest of hops with barely any weight on it but he did at least try and use it.

My car goes in for it's mot tomorrow - always a very anxious time given the huge bills and faff getting parts in previous years so everything will be crossed until I hear from the garage.

Not sure if it's related but I'm feeling most ick - have been since about 11am grumbly tummy and general bluuurghiness hoping it's just tension and that I'm not coming down with something.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Nige.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Di.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for anyone I have missed.

RMF 1. We have snowangry.gif The roads were flipping lethal this morning. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off.biggrin.gif

RMF 2. I hurt.sad.gif I had forgotten how much it hurts to fall ar*e over t*t down the stairs. mecry.gif Must have looked funny as my feet flipped up in the air. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif The dogs showed their concern by not moving a muscle and staying next to the nice warm radiator!!mad.gif I need to win the lottery, so I can buy a bungalow!!!!!

Morning :tired:

Hi all

Has been a long time but i now have software that makes the pooter talk to me and i am slowly learning to use it smile.gif

Hello Trudi, nice to see you back flowers.gif

Oh, for goodness' sake. It's colder than a cold place here so I have just filled two hot water bottles and put them in my bed. One of them has sprung a leak so now I have a bed that is cold *and* wet. How lucky is that? angry.gif

I hope you finally managed to get warm flowers.gif

RMF 2. I hurt.sad.gif I had forgotten how much it hurts to fall ar*e over t*t down the stairs. Must have looked funny as my feet flipped up in the air. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif The dogs showed their concern by not moving a muscle and staying next to the nice warm radiator!!mad.gif I need to win the lottery, so I can buy a bungalow!!!!!

Ouch Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Sarah Waitrose has opened in Wellington :biggrin:

Ooh in that big shop wot-was-supposed-to--beSomerfield-then-was-empty-for-ages-wot-I-used-to-live-behind? Knew I shouldn't have moved..... :rolleyes:

RMF 2. I hurt.sad.gif I had forgotten how much it hurts to fall ar*e over t*t down the stairs.

I fell off the sofa yesterday while trying to just stand up - dogs both rushed over but hoomans in the room just snickered :mad:

I have been driven from my bed by the wind. That's the deadly dobermann wind. I was woken up by the most noxious fumes :mad:

:ohmy: thats the worst sort, 'tis Dobiewind. Boxerwind and colliewind are also nasty but dobiewind is expecially ming... :laugh:

I am kind of see-sawing at the moment - Person 2 has spoken to Preson 3 about Person 1. Persons 2 and 3 have come to the decision that confronting Person 1 will bring it all back up and exacerbate (sp?) the situation, and make in a gazillion times worse. So what am I supposed to do - forget about it? Just leave it at that? I have had my trust in two people broken (I beleive Person 2 but there is still a little voice in the back of my head saying 'what if') :(

On the plus side a friend and I went to Glastonbury yesterday - she bought a giraffe (small wooden one, not a real one) and I bought a new ring :D

RMF - fake garlic sausage (Redwood) fake cream cheese and rice cakes is nums :D

Pleased is an understatement - even the garage were astounded laugh.gif they always groan when I ring and say my baby is due in laugh.gif thing is she's a Chrysler and 2nd hand parts are hard to source we do have a main dealer in Swindon but they sell parts on a non return basis which are very expensive so in the past tracking down faults on my car has been a nightmare, over 2 sucessive years the MOT's were costing close to £1k a time all for stupid things like piddling little sensors that meant she failed the emissions test and we came very very close to scrapping her but in the end figured that we were unlikely to get a replace ment automatic with the same low mileage, immaculate bodywork etc and NO rust for £1k so we took a chance and it's paid off as this is the 2nd year she's passed with nothing needing doing not even a new tyre biggrin.gif but everytime she goes in I dread it in case theres some other flipping thing costing a fortune that needs replacing and one of those times it won't be worth me doing and she wont be coming home.... tbh her gearbox will go one of these days they've been telling me for 5 years that it's on it's way out rolleyes.gif but I'm used to her little idiosyncrasies - like the fact she won't go into reverse if she's cold laugh.gif so I just make sure she's always parked where I can drive straight out - or else I end up pushing her back til I can drive out forwards laugh.gif once the transmission fluid is warm then theres no problem.

Morning

Jules, hope you managed to get warm, dry and snuggly last night :GroupHug:

I have been driven from my bed by the wind. That's the deadly dobermann wind. I was woken up by the most noxious fumes :mad:

Are you absolutely sure, those frilly knickers hardly look airtight missus :unsure:

On the plus side a friend and I went to Glastonbury yesterday - she bought a giraffe (small wooden one, not a real one) and I bought a new ring :D

You didn't get it fromo Gothic Image did u (if it's still there :ohmy: )