UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Another Request For Healing Thoughts

sproggie14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Owl, will do :flowers:

And extra thanks for the suggestion of scrambled egg. I passed that on to Mum last night and she's just told me that that is the first thing he has really been keen on and he ate a bit of that last night :biggrin:

The vets are quite pleased with him today and say his breathing is much better. He does have a bit of a temperature though so they have started him on a second course of antibiotics.

The poor lad has been in a lot of pain overnight though :mecry: He apparently whimpered and whined a lot of the night and they were late to the vets this morning as he was so unwilling to move or be moved :( He didn't want to go in the garden so ended up emptying his very full bladder all over the sofa (oops!). So he has had three lots of pain killer from the vets and is reportedly now much more comfortable although looking distinctly stoned bless him!

Oh, poor Billy. It's bad enough for him having had the accident but to not get proper treatment is outrageous. Even if you do get a response from the emergency vet and some money back I would still report them to the RCVS. Billy could have died if his normal vet hadn't been on the ball. I could not let the emergency vet get away with that.

Sending lots of get well soon thoughts for Billy and :GroupHug: to you and your family.

I too would be contacting the RCVS regardless of what the emergency vet s say.

What if it had been longer until the regular vet was available?

I would also ask the regular vet if he is prepared to risk his clients wellbeing by continuing to use that practice for out of hours cover.

Another dog may not be so lucky as to be given proper treatment in time.

Healing thoughts to Billy

Billy seems to be making good progress :)

I went to visit him yesterday evening and got a lovely tail wag from him :wub: He didn't want to eat anything then but took several syringes of honey water from me.

Spoke to my Mum first thing and apparently my Aunt dropped round with a cooked chicken last night and he wolfed it down. And then this morning he had quite a big drink from a bowl for the first time :biggrin:

He's off to the vet now for a check up and hopefully a dressing change.

Just caught up with this and am so glad Billy is doing ok now

When my Billy lurcher had major surgery to his leg he was off his food for about 2 days afterwards until he was tempted by being hand fed lamb stew rolleyes.gif

Lots of good thoughts for a speedy and full recovery

Poor lad though. Def complain to RCVS, emergency vet and also write to the practice manager at your vets and outline problems so they have it formally.

I too would be contacting the RCVS regardless of what the emergency vet s say.

What if it had been longer until the regular vet was available?

I would also ask the regular vet if he is prepared to risk his clients wellbeing by continuing to use that practice for out of hours cover.

Another dog may not be so lucky as to be given proper treatment in time.

Healing thoughts to Billy

good point...

continued good thoughts for Billy :wub:

Billy is continuing to do well and has eaten more chicken as soon as he got back from the vets. His temperature is also back to normal and he has been much brighter today :)

He had his dressing change. The vet is concerned about the amount of bone, ligament and nerves he has lost. They've told my folks tonight that he has about a 50/50 chance of losing his leg. The vet has been great explaining that dogs in general do fine with three legs and lurchers cope particularly well. They even said he'd probably actually recover quicker from an amputation than if they try to repair the damage. It has hit my Mum quite hard though I think and she's quite wibbly at the idea even though she knows logically he'll be fine. The important thing of course is that he now seems to be out of the woods in terms of his actual survival which we are of course delighted to hear.