UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

It's not good news. Ben the vet rang and said that the tumour is much more invasive than he first thought - it's entwined in all her ligaments and joints and the only two options which are available through him is either amputate the whole leg or else put to sleep sad.gif There is a place in Surrey which can do prosthetic limbs for dogs but he said it's likely to far exceed what the insurance would cover (about £10k).

I told him to take her leg off and we'll have to see how she manages with one front leg, given that she has severe hip dysplasia so her back legs aren't very strong sad.gif If she doesn't manage to get about very well then I will obviously have to make another decision.

He is sending the tumour off for biopsy, which should be back in a week, but he said it looks to be very invasive so could have spread to other areas of her body as well mecry.gif

I am so sorry Alex, we have been faced with the same situation as you with our previous dog Olaf - we chose differently, but it was an absolutely horrendous situation to be in and one that I would never ever wish on anyone. Lots of dogs do cope well, so I shall be hoping and praying that Millie comes through this and is up and about in no time. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif