UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

She's home from the vets but very subdued. Her leg is bandaged all the way up to the armpit - this is apparently to stop the swelling going further up the leg. I have to take her back tomorrow to have her dressing changed tomorrow but apart from that it's just waiting to see the results of the biopsy, which will be back either tomorrow or wednesday hopefully.

I have been away so only just seen this, Reiki on the way for Milly and hope she makes a full recovery.

I do know someone who has a dog that was born without a paw, has something wrong with the other as well, he has a prosthetic foot and was on a tv program some time ago.

Thanks very much for all your thoughts and suggestions, it's very much appreciated :liebe94:

Milly is a bit more lively this morning. Managed to tempt her with some smoked salmon trimmings this morning, which is the first thing she's eaten since she's been home, bless her :wub:

Just got back from the vets. The biopsy results were inconclusive as there was too much blood on the slide. The vet thinks it is a tumour though as he says there is something pushing her two outer toes apart which can be seen on the x-ray. When I asked to see the x-ray he couldn't find it :rolleyes: She is going in on Friday to have the tumour removed and it will then be sent off for testing. That will determine what needs to be amputated and whether she needs radiotherapy or not.

She is okay in herself apart from the hobbling and she is eating bits again. I guess it will be next week before we know whether the tumour is malignant or benign.