UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

I have done it again. I've gone and looked at a dogs needing homes section and found one that would probably be very suitable for what I have been pondering recently. Problem being is that not everything is sorted with work yet and so I'm not sure if what I'm pondering will work out exactly as I hope, although I'm almost 100% certain that I will do what I'm pondering anyway regardless of work situation.

The last time this happened I had found Breckin's thread. Bugger :dry:

Oh what to do? It's thrown me a bit as my pondering was about finding a working cocker/springer to do detection work with, I was even researching decent breeders as this would be for serious work. This is a very young working springer who apparently is a bit mental and getting herself in trouble already and could quite possibly be what I would be lookng for. Except for the fact I wasn't planning on starting my plan right now, I was hoping to get at least august off, and if I ended up going down the breeder route it being probably over a years wait.

Think I may have to try and ignore this one. Not helped by a husband who just says yeah sure if that's what you want :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello. I got back from spain today at midday, with a raging hangover and little desire to work. At least refuge was working so i spent lunchtime catching up. I still feel a bit grim :( Teach me to party till 3am when im up for 8am to fly home i suppose.

We're back! We did about 12 miles today, with 3 hills in it, including the 'Mother of all Hills' (that appears to be the English translation of Moel Famau at least :unsure:). Kiera has stuffed herself with a big bowl of food and has withdrawn to her little vet bed in the spare room - her favourite place for the time being - and Sparky decidedly let himself slump off the sofa in search for bed :laugh: I'm waiting for photobucket to upload the dozens of pictures that I've taken, it always takes forever. It's worth it tho, we had some very funny moments today! :)

:GroupHug: and :flowers: for poorly Fugees and those in need of one or t'other of those

Sounds good, Billy. We look forward to seeing pics.

khanu, they never turn up they way you plan :laugh:

Glad you cheered up that poundie girl, Amy :flowers:

san, well done. Just in time to get a piece of the action, but then off on leave to avoid doing the paperwork etc. :happy:

Happy new wellies, cheryl :)

Georgia is still no better today. I don't know if it's the Tamiflu or Calpol but she has periods of time where she's really really hyper, talking at a million miles an hour, pulling funny faces then she comes down off the high and is really miserable and clingy again. Her temperature is still sky high.

I had a nice day at work and met a lovely Fugee too :biggrin:

Bloomin' Dexter got jealous because I was taking too long in the small furries room and has shredded his dressing again. He made his pad bleed as he tried to have a go at the stitches so I have done a bandage up with what I have here and will go and get supplies in tomorrow to do it properly.

Ickle Tinchy has had me really worried today, I've been so careful about feeding him so nothing gets on his lungs, but at lunchtime he sounded like an asthmatic old man, he is still refusing to eat solids, so I pureed up some veg to give him more nutrition, he had a bit but wasn't happy. As his siblings are now on solids and really thriving, I hoiked out mum from her brood (and she is such a good mum to the 5 she has, despite being very underweight, but she's getting plenty of food, greens and hay) eventually Tinchy latched on and had a good old suckle. Tinchy is now sound asleep up my sleeve, wrapped up in his special sock :wub:

Poor Georgia :GroupHug:

Glad ickle Tinchy had a good feed from mum and is feeling happier.

Wispa knocked the scab off her forepaw's back pad again playing with her mate Jasper the lab up on the mountain and bled for a bit. It was a bit alarming for Jasper's mum as Wispa had her forelegs round his neck at the time, and suddenly he had blood all over his neck. For a second, until I shouted that it was Wispa's paw, she thought he had taken some damage. She is a vet and inspected W's paw. She says it's not a bad cut but they bleed a lot if cut there. She just recommended bathing it and making sure it doesn't get infected. It had scabbed over again by the time we got back to the car. I suppose I could bandage it but I think she would do a Dexter and shred it.

:GroupHug: for Georgia and that she is feeling better soon.

Silly Wispa :wub:

Unfortunately Dex's paw looks like a roadmap of the Hemel roundabout with diversions, he probably stood on whatever cut him and wiggled his paw about to shred it just to show how hard he is :mad: From looking at the mess, I think it's going to be a long old heal and I think I'm going to have to resort to the nightmare that is Dex in a buster collar :ohmy:

I have just ordered a pair of prescription glasses online *wibble* - because my prescription is so high ( -8.00) my glasses cost me on average over £200 a pair from the opticians - the frames usually only account for about £40 of that price wacko.gif last time I went in (Feb 08) they persuaded me that single vision lenses which I have always had were not the right way to go and were the reason why I was always pushing them to the end of my nose for reading and instead I bought a pair of distance one and a pair of reading glasses I felt at the time I was being conned into buying 2 pairs rather than one but they were very persuasive and threw in a free pair of prescription sunglasses so I had 3 pairs for just under £350. However ... whilst I agree the distance glasses are fine for distance and the reading glasses are fine for reading it is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ARSE to remember to keep switching them over - and the reading glasses simply aren't right for anything other than reading, so if I have them on for reading then try and walk upstairs - I invariably fall flat on my face cos I trip over not seeing the step clearly enough. So I tend to wear my distance ones non stop and end up with them at the end of my nose, and me squinting to read - the thing is I tend to switch between reading and watching tv at the same flipping time, and the reading ones don't allow me to see the tv *sighs* - I was told I'd get into the habit of switching but 18 months on and I bloody well haven't! I had my eyes retested only a couple of months ago when they found my PVD and cataract and my prescription hasn't altered so I was again told - you'll get used to it or I could have bought a single vision pair for another £200! They were adamant that I would still have the end of the nose problem with the single vision lenses. *sighs*

Anyway, yesterday I got my weekly newsletter from MSE and they had a deal on for prescription glasses inc single vision lenses from £5! Now I don't qualify for that price because thats for prescriptions under +/-6.00 but I was able to upgrade the lenses for a small extra cost - so I have just ordered a pair of glasses to my prescription for the princely sum of £19.45 ohmy.gif - now the lenses will be hiddeously thick I know that, and the frames might not even suit me, but at least i can see if going back to a single vision lens around the house solves my problem or at least makes life a bit easier and if they do I can order a better pair which would still only come to under £50!. I will now wibble and fret until they arrive and hope that I haven't gone and wasted £20 lol

Morning :wavey:

Bestest 'get well soon' wishes for poorly Georgia, Dexter and Wispas paws and ickle Tinchy :flowers: :GroupHug:

Crikey, Snow, that's a saga with your glasses, hope that the online ones will solve that costly problem!

I've put pictures up from our adventure yesterday and Kiera got a whole separate dedicated to her and her trough antics. Anyone happening upon us in that field yesterday must've thought that at least I was barking mad, because I was stood there, howling with laughter, in which would have appeared on my own to a lot of people (who don't understand that your dogs can make you laugh so much that you have tears running down your face :laugh: :rolleyes:).

It's still very quiet here, and it's raining outside (what else is new, siiiigh!), but we'll have to go for a quick pootle to the park in a bit, before Kiera starts leaking, bless her.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Georgia and that she is feeling better soon.

Silly Wispa wub.gif

Unfortunately Dex's paw looks like a roadmap of the Hemel roundabout with diversions, he probably stood on whatever cut him and wiggled his paw about to shred it just to show how hard he is mad.gif From looking at the mess, I think it's going to be a long old heal and I think I'm going to have to resort to the nightmare that is Dex in a buster collar ohmy.gif

Have you seen those inflatable elizabethan collars rather than a buster collar? Riley is also a nightmare in a buster collar and I've got one of the inflatable ones since the hell that was her anal glands operation.

Have you seen those inflatable elizabethan collars rather than a buster collar? Riley is also a nightmare in a buster collar and I've got one of the inflatable ones since the hell that was her anal glands operation.

I saw them - it's his front paw so would he still be able to get to that (bearing in mind he has long legs) :flowers:

while sorting out my wardrobe I found some lovely undies that are too big, still with labels on. I thought id look on ebay to sell them. No bids on the new ones, but there are used ones on there and someone has bid on one of them

used ones .......

:ohmy: