UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

michelle, the next bank holiday is Aug 31st so its hardly 'coming up' :unsure: Cant you go over to your Dad when she is out and spend some quality time with him, without her being around?

rmf - Im half pissed. buying a box of wine rather than a bottle seemed like a good idea at the time :laugh:

Precisely Di. I thought it was the end of August too. She had the cheek to end the conversation let us know when you can come round. I was ringing to try and go round on Saturday. We couldn't possibly go round when just my Dad is home. Oh no he'll have jobs to do and can't be having fun if she's not there. She's a control freak at times, very possessive and if my Dad starts to have a go she feigns serious illness. She has had us all thinking she had cancer all this year cos my Dad got fed up, had a rant and said he was going to walk. She's not a well woman and she's 80 but if she was younger she would behave no differently and I won't put up with it. Last January when I was supposed to be on complete rest I blew my top over exactly the same thing and said the only time we see them is if we go over there. At the time I wasn't supposed to travel cos something was clearly wrong with me. But no we went. She didn't visit me in hospital. My dad came alone. She wasn't well enough apparently. My Dad probably gets fed up making excuses for her. He needn't bother making them for me. It's nothing I ain't heard a million times in my life. Someone doesn't give a toss about me. So what. I really couldn't give a stuff. What is happening is me and my Dad are constantly missing out on each other's lives. It's time we can't get back and he's 77 in a few months. He's not alllowed to come here on his own. It causes merry hell. Yet she professes to think the world of us and is very caring when we see her. I can't help but wonder sometimes if it's all front. And right now I'm very very annoyed.

:wavey:

Not been in here for a while. Had loads of stuff to do since holibobs etc.

Had a quick skim and it looks like a lot of people are in need of huge :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Knee still isn't right, have had more x rays and it seems like the fluid is blood from the bruising back in June when I took a tumble :rolleyes:

Snoops is back to his normal kerboingy self, his fur has grown back etc. :wub:

Korks is in at the vets next week as she needs her booster and also she has a lump on the back of her neck. :( At her age I want it left alone bless her heart. Apart from that all in the Redditch household is alright. :)

Have an oldies visitor coming Bank Holiday weekend, and quite looking forward to meeting her. :wub:

Edited by redditchlady

Michelle :GroupHug: it's your dad you want to see not her isn't it, so go round whenever you like, and if the mad old bat isn't in, then all the better.

Di, wine boxes and school nights = disaster the next day :laugh:

I'm tired, tired, oh so tired so off to bed NN

but my thing wot made me very excited a few weeks ago then was off is back on again :ph34r:

Di, wine boxes and school nights = disaster the next day :laugh:

school nights??? i dont have any little people in my life :laugh: I do however have creche dogs that start arriving at 7.30 onwards so i guess its similar principle. I do only have 13 steps from my bed to my office so not quite as painfull i suppose :unsure:

Michelle, can you not be a tad sneaky and talk to him when she is out, and arrange to sneak time when she is busy on her train to liverpool or doing WI or what ever it is she does that is so important. Cant you just land on his doorstep when you know she isnt there? Use an emergency transport run to the area as a reason why you couldnt phone ahead and just arrive. Incase anyone didnt spot it yet.... Im not one of lifes peace keepers :laugh:

Evening :wavey:

Finished work at 10pm after another busy day. Got more tips for my holiday pot, so that's good :wink:

Despite me faffing outside the front door and clunking the mailbox outside before I came in, it was all quiet here. Tempted to go and bang on evil neighbours door and point out that my dogs are not barking ALL the time, but didn't bother :rolleyes:

I am trying to make sense of the Slimming World handbooks and rules :wacko:

I am having a large glass of wine and a biscuit to help me understand :laugh:

Michelle, I agree with Di. Go round while she's out on one of her jaunts. She has no business keeping you from seeing your Dad and it looks like that's what she is trying to do.

Evening :wavey:

Finished work at 10pm after another busy day. Got more tips for my holiday pot, so that's good :wink:

Despite me faffing outside the front door and clunking the mailbox outside before I came in, it was all quiet here. Tempted to go and bang on evil neighbours door and point out that my dogs are not barking ALL the time, but didn't bother :rolleyes:

I would for the sheer hell of it :angel: :jerry:

Evening all, and :GroupHug: to those in need.

I have been chatting online with my wildlife chums Ben and George and discussing what the giant insect I had in the house the other week may have been. Ben thinks it was a Japanese hornet. There are a few in N Carolina where he lives. I thought mine was darker, but there is nothing else that size that we can find. Here is one, but don't look if you go eeeek at insects:

http://www.naturenet.net/blogs/media/mandarinia2.jpg

They are native to Asia but are now in USA as well, and the odd one drifts over here.

They have a very toxic sting that can sometimes kill people even without them being sensitive and going into anaphylactic shock. Good thing I ejected it rather than try to ID it first. I was scared that Wispa might catch it, she was very interested and she is so fast. If she had done, no chance.

But for those who don't like insects, here are some pics taken in Dundee by George:

Baby field mice http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmarkie_pics/...57600101343939/

a JRT playing rugby http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmarkie_pics/...57600101343939/

a bunny wondering whether to break the law http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmarkie_pics/...57600101343939/

and last but not least, a Random Mundane Fox http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmarkie_pics/...57600101343939/

Edited by owl