UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Got back from yoga feeling v hungry. Dear old OH had cooked some food for me and as I went to heat it up in the microwave it slid gracefully to the floor. Although I was feeling quite chilled out from yoga, I've had quite a fraught day so I just :mecry: :crying: and then cooked eggs and bacon instead of fish, new pots and veggies.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my best pal Jeanette AKA Rab died today, I tried very hard to stop her destroying herself with alcohol,but in the end I had to withdraw before my heart broke, as she wouldn't stop

I hope we can lie in cabbage fields again and look at the stars together one day.

:GroupHug: Thinking of you.

RMF: my twonk of a graduate has resigned. I am now in a state of panic and trying to convince myself that this is a fantastic opportunity to replace him. This theory would've worked if his meeting with me wasn't followed up with my assistant (and his colleague) informing me he'd been headhunted for £15K more than I pay him. I can't compete and I need him to stay. :mecry: doesn't work ever get to be fun?

if you think he is a twonk you are better off letting him go and replace him with someone you want , why should it matter what someone else is paying him ( if thats even true and lets face it most people have fibbed about salaries :ninja: ) and its got to be better for you both after all who wants to work for someone who thinks they are a twonk anyway ( even if they are )

do you only want him now because someone else is ( allegedly ) wants him and wants to pay him more ? ( do you think he is now less twonky ? )

if he left and the only job he could get was at the local sandwich bar would you want him back ?

I would say what ever salary you are offering ( and it must be okay if he stayed for a while ) you will have no trouble replacing him with some one

*consultancy head on mode* on a more serious note do you have a succession plan for your staff ? if not you may find it a useful exercise to carry out , also do you know how/who headhunted your employee ( again useful to find out )

So sorry Laura :( :GroupHug:

And you will be sending one to me when :unsure: :biggrin:

I can send you the recipe :unsure: It's very easy, even I can make it.

Rhubarb crumble only tastes delicious at Brownie Camp. It's the law to eat it at Brownie Camp.

RMF: my twonk of a graduate has resigned. I am now in a state of panic and trying to convince myself that this is a fantastic opportunity to replace him. This theory would've worked if his meeting with me wasn't followed up with my assistant (and his colleague) informing me he'd been headhunted for £15K more than I pay him. I can't compete and I need him to stay. :mecry: doesn't work ever get to be fun?

I haven't been to brownie camp for many years, if ever, but I confirm rhubarb crumble also tastes nice outside of camp :D

Do you mean your twonk of a graduate got headhunted or that your assistant got headhunted?

my best pal Jeanette AKA Rab died today, I tried very hard to stop her destroying herself with alcohol,but in the end I had to withdraw before my heart broke, as she wouldn't stop

I hope we can lie in cabbage fields again and look at the stars together one day.

its so so so tough when a loved one battles with alcohol , often walking away is the only thing you can do but of course it still hurts

:GroupHug:

I thought it was his colleague that Sherlock was upset at losing not twonk :unsure:

That's correct! I almost waved twonk out the door (after resisting saying asking how the hell he blagged his way to the job he's got but I didn't - i figured him leaving for Cambodia was a dream come true for us both)... and nearly begged my assistant to stay

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Laura :GroupHug:

Glad to hear you are pleased your twonk has gone Dee, but sorry if you've lost a good employee :flowers:

I have discovered Stephanie Meyer's trilogy and am so engrossed I feel I may be staying up very late reading :rolleyes:

I need to visit the diet thread, I am so fed up of eating lettuce and celery :rolleyes:

elricc, so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost one for the same reason a couple of years ago :GroupHug: It seems such a pointless waste.

Wendbert, hope the coccyx improves. Hope you are taking some arnica 30 as well as the painkillers.

Spins4me, pity about your lost supper. Hope the bacon and eggs were OK.

RMF I spent a not very pleasant hour and a quarter on that huge suspension bridge at Briton Ferry early this eve. A different bit of the exhaust fell off this time, and the recovery service was very busy. Debated whether to stay in car - not recommended - or stand a little way ahead of it on the narrow hard shoulder. Luckily I had a padded hi-vis jacket in the car and a warm scarf and a flask and some buns, as I tend to treat all journeys of more than a few miles as major expeditions. Even so, it was not nice as it was very cold and windy and a bit of a scary place as that bridge is very high. I did wibble a bit :unsure: I was glad the girls were safe at home, and very grateful to Lesley for going to my house and letting them out for a p.

Going to forage for a bit more to eat, then get some sleep.

Sorry you have lost the non-twonk as well as the twonk, Dee.

if you think he is a twonk you are better off letting him go and replace him with someone you want , why should it matter what someone else is paying him ( if thats even true and lets face it most people have fibbed about salaries :ninja: ) and its got to be better for you both after all who wants to work for someone who thinks they are a twonk anyway ( even if they are )

do you only want him now because someone else is ( allegedly ) wants him and wants to pay him more ? ( do you think he is now less twonky ? )

if he left and the only job he could get was at the local sandwich bar would you want him back ?

I would say what ever salary you are offering ( and it must be okay if he stayed for a while ) you will have no trouble replacing him with some one

*consultancy head on mode* on a more serious note do you have a succession plan for your staff ? if not you may find it a useful exercise to carry out , also do you know how/who headhunted your employee ( again useful to find out )

What the squirrel said

It wasnt that long ago you wanted his head on one end of a pole and his nuts on the other like a hobby horse. Graduates are two a penny...Ive had a few over the years and never found one I wanted to keep and none cost me £15,000.

Give it a week of a new one and you wont remember the last ones name.

Elric,

Im sorry for your loss but people make thier own choices and you cannot change that even if they make stupid ones.

Edited by Trallwm farm

I am finding it hard to describe how I feel right at this moment - I should be sad, I should feel devastated, I do feel very angry indeed but without the sorta emotional feeling of anger more a cold cold cold numb hard anger - I have just found out that my grandmother died over 4 weeks ago and that the funeral etc all took place without I or my brother or our mother being informed by my fathers brother - I am indescribably disgusted - my father will be absolutely spinning in his grave at the way his brother has treated us since he died this being the latest in a long line of greed fuelled slaps in the face. Long before my grandmother died my mother bumped into my step aunt in Morrisons wearing the jewellry that had been promised my mother in my grandmothers will and most unlike my mum she actually spoke up and asked about it - to be told that granny had given it to Pam who "knew nothing of the will" - all complete b*****ks as we all have a copy of the will - it was following that that my uncle stopped all contact with our side of the family, and not long after that when my mum went to visit my gran found that she'd been moved to a home and we didn't know where she was... now we learn she died and we were not told, none of us were given any opportunity to say goodbye or attend the funeral no doubt too the ring I have been promised since I was born will either have "dissapeared" or the will will have miraculously been changed - like I said disgusted and cold isnt even beginning to describe how I am feeling - it's really weird - I just feel icey. I've spoken to my brother and wont repeat what he said, but his anger is different to mine and tho he's the hard man it's me that has the worse temper and yet I'm not feeling that red hot rage - just this icey empty calm. My uncle made a promise to my father before he died that he would always be there for us and take care of my mother - and this is how he kept that promise? Well I am making dad a promise too - Michael will know exactly what I think of him and exactly how his brother and his father would think of him, that side of the family is now dead to me.