UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

I want to go back to a size 12. I reckon i'm over a stone overweight. But I don't want to join a club and I have little time for cooking proper food... nor do I eat properly or regularly during the day.

And, even better, I don't own a pair of scales, and have no intention of getting any because I then feel fixated on my weight rather than being happy with who I am... I'll know when i'm the right weight cos i'll have lost the double chin, the thunder thighs and I'll fit in me clothes again....

Any ideas of a suitable diet other than a nasty dose of flu?

Yes. Go to your doctor and ask for Reductil.

Two years ago I wanted to diet and went to my (then) doctor who wanted to put me on Xenical :sick01:

For those of you who don't know what they are etc, they take all of the fat out of your diet and make you poo it out.

So unfortunately if you're norty, you fart and follow through with a big oil slick.

Naturally I declined and asked for reductil as a customer had recommended it.

The doctor refused, saying it was xenical or bust and I said if I had xenical I would bust so no thank you.

In the past two years I have piled the weight on due to packing up smoking for good and other factors such as being stuck behind the wheel of a car for 11 hours.

I got chatting to a mate I didn't recognise and he told me he'd lost 4 stone on reductil :ohmy:

So I got down the doctors, this time opting to see the nurse practitioner.

I was expecting an argument but she just said yes :D

She said IHHO the xenical was cr*p (literally) and she had no problem prescribing the reductil (it's £120 a month to buy online :ohmy:)

I started the course at the end of November -the first fortnight the nurse weighed me, telling me they didn't usually start the weigh in so fast but would I like to see if I'd lost any anyway? Of course I said yes, and we were both stunned when the scales told us I'd shed 6 pounds in a fortnight :)

I have been on them 6 weeks so far and lost 7 KILOGRAMMES :ohmy: :partytime:

My old faithful jeans have had to be dumped as they were falling down - I could pull the waistband out and there was literally 6 inches there.

I dug out a pair of jeans from the spare wardrobe on Tuesday night that I haven't worn in 2 years and they fit (and they're not snug!!).

The nurse has said I can stay on them for up to a year but I have to have my blood pressure checked once a month.

Mum started on them a week after me and has lost 13 KG!!!

I no longer have cravings to eat food, I can take it or leave it and I don't get many hunger pangs - it is the maddest thing ever and I'm well happy :biggrin:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started WW last night - I was actually quit pleased as I thought I had hit the 18st mark but luckily (!!) I was only 17.3!!!!

Daughter so far has lost 4st 3lbs and even lost 3lbs over Xmas - she looks amazing - Ill have to find piccies of her.

I have had my porridge this morning so far so good!!!

Question I forgot to ask you Wendy! How long do you have to be on CD before you are allowed the porridge? :flowers:

Oooh, I don't know! I would guess, a week. Reason being, when you start on sole source, you have milkshakes only then the week after can have the foodbars, so I'm guessing porridge is treated the same :wink:

Oooh, I don't know! I would guess, a week. Reason being, when you start on sole source, you have milkshakes only then the week after can have the foodbars, so I'm guessing porridge is treated the same :wink:
I thought you could have the porridge straight away :unsure:

Join www.minimins.co.uk and ask there, loads of CDCs post there

Dunno :laugh: They didn't have the porridge when I started :angry: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: I'll ask Sandy on Monday, it was just a thought I have a sachet of original oat so simple for breakfast now and was hoping I could just change to the CD porridge :rolleyes: