The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpity bump coz this thread was reeeealy far down :flowers:

Weighed myself end of last week - 11st 5lbs :biggrin: :partytime: and thats despite feeling like I wasn't eating well enough so I am encouraged to keep going. I think I would quite like to be down to 11st for Xmas'ish time, but not getting obsessive about it, plus am likely to be stuffing my face with Billy's excellent flapjacks later this week :laugh:

Bumpity bump coz this thread was reeeealy far down :flowers:

Weighed myself end of last week - 11st 5lbs :biggrin: :partytime: and thats despite feeling like I wasn't eating well enough so I am encouraged to keep going. I think I would quite like to be down to 11st for Xmas'ish time, but not getting obsessive about it, plus am likely to be stuffing my face with Billy's excellent flapjacks later this week :laugh:

Congratulations :flowers:

And the odd treat won't do any harm :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I have really lost my way. :mecry: Been yoyo-ing for months now. Down a lb up 2lb, lose a half etc... I've really not got any motivation but keep going to group or I would end up back where I started. :rolleyes:

Well done Mog and Andrea :flowers:

Andrea have you got much to go now? You must be really slinky by now! :biggrin:

I've been a bit 1 off 1 on since I've been Parking and Cycling instead of Park and Riding but this week I lost 2.5lbs making the total 5 stones 2.5 pounds lost. I now have 11.5 lbs to go, it's getting quite a bit harder now but I m going to persevere as I Love my legs now and want a flat tummy to match!

mmmmmm mostly I'm posting to express my shock :ohmy: at Sam - I hope Mark is being more faithful to poor Mr Wii?

My weight is *still* fluctuating by anything up to 5lbs at a time which is deeply unhelpful. I would like to try and do a food/calorie diary just to check what I'm taking in, but really struggle because almost all of my food is homemade - how on earth do you count it up, or does it mean having to weight everything?? :wacko:

Or would Mr Wii have a Mrs Wii :wink:

Diet wise, to keep track of things you can calorie count, but you will end up having to weigh everything, which is something I could never do. It might be helpful tho to see what you eat and drink on a daily basis. Keeping track of things definitely helps me to eat more healthily, if only because I'd embarrass myself having to enter "chips and sausages" again in my diary :blush:

Eating little and often is better than sticking to 3 full meals a day, but not eating little and often and 3 full meals a day!

Mog - you've been training loads and it might well be that you think that you're not losing weight. Could that possibly be because you're replacing bodyfat with muscle? :wink: Muscle weighs heavier than bodyfat! Rather than giving the poor old scales the evils, it might help if you ask at your gym if they have a body fat meter. It's a little device, much like a steering wheel, with a display in the middle which tells you the % of body fat that you have. I "think" that a woman's average body fat % lies somewhere between 20-24% (but don't pin me down on that one!). Next time when you give your scales the evils you might well find that in fact your bodyfat % has gone down and it's been replaced by solid muscle :wink:

Should you really want one of them and your gym doesn't have them, any fitness shop, or possibly even Argos, will.

hmmmm upsettingly my scales do measure bodyfat, and it is going down reeeeeeally slowly - last time I dared to look I was still well over 30% BF and seriously I am only just under obese and still in the properly overweight range :unsure:

I know full well that one problem is I don't get results and then end up splurging on unhealthy crap - though much less since going vegan, almost wish I didn't know which biccies are vegan friendly!

Right, food diary it is *sigh*

Well I am food diarying and you're right Billy - it so makes me think twice about what I'm eating! On the plus side I weighed in this morning and was given the lovely numbers of 11st 4lb which is a big improvement on the last upward swing and slightly lower than the last low reading of 11st5lb so all good I think?

*mantra to self* must think long term and accept that my weight really will fluctuate by anything up to 5lbs at a time :rolleyes: