UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have your books and stuff with the different foods to have, might be worth going back to the counsellor and getting advice. If you look at the CD website, the 810 calorie stage recommends the following:

Step 2 (810 kcal per day)

This weight loss programme is a nutritionally assured low calorie diet (above 800kcal per day). It gives the additional flexibility of a higher calorie level than the Sole Source programmes.

It is suitable for anyone above BMI 20 who is not medically contraindicated, anyone for whom a Very Low Calorie Diet (<800kcal) is unsuitable, anyone who is preparing for weight loss on the Sole Source programmes, or anyone who has lost weight with Sole Source/Sole Source Plus and is now on the weight stabilisation programme.

Three Cambridge meals

175g portion of poultry meat (without skin or fat)

275g portion of white fish

275g quorn or tofu

325g reduced fat cottage cheese

250g plain cottage cheese

3tbsp 'white or green' vegetables (cooked or raw)

340ml skimmed milk

Continue to drink at least 2.25l (4 pts) of water per day.

I've been and weighed for the first time since the beginning of December. 12st exactly. Not too bad as I knew I'd put a few pounds on.

My CD counsellor is fab though - £5 'returners' discount and as an incentive, if I lose 10lbs in six weeks, she'll treat me to a manicure or pedicure. I luffs my CD lady :laugh:

I've been and weighed for the first time since the beginning of December. 12st exactly. Not too bad as I knew I'd put a few pounds on.

My CD counsellor is fab though - £5 'returners' discount and as an incentive, if I lose 10lbs in six weeks, she'll treat me to a manicure or pedicure. I luffs my CD lady :laugh:

Wow, I bet you luffs her! :cool:

Well done on only gaining slightly :flowers:

Well done to all of you who have managed to make a good start – here’s hoping you can keep up the good work.

I quietly decided to watch what I eat from last Friday – not exactly a diet, as January is never a good month for me to think about diets, and there is so much happening at work, and aggro with everything I do at the moment, that fitting in any sort of complete diet programme is out until February – my mind is not in the right mood.

But, I have reached a weight at which I know I am not at my healthiest best, and have been having a lot more problems than usual with my asthma and just wonder if the two could be connected.

Anyway, a long story long, I have just been trying to have more ‘good’ foods, and less junk foods, and a lot less snacking between meals (although I do permit myself the possibility of one between meal treat and one chocolate after dinner at the moment), and I weighed myself this morning and was very chuffed to find I had misplaced 3lbs.

So, I’m going to keep on with the same discipline for the rest of the month to try to get my mind back on track. Looking in my diary I see that I still have a Christmas dinner to go to, a day in town for work next week when I’m pretty sure we’ll be offered lunch, and visitors at work twice, which will definitely involve two lunches and a dinner! Think I have a birthday party to go to as well!

I'm lurking back on this thread.... so I thought I'd post.

Having lost nearly 3st 18 months ago, I stopped dieting and have put on half a stone so decide now I'm going back to get myself down to a size 14.

I've lost 8lb in the last 2 weeks so its going the right say again and today I've worn some trousers to work that were distinctly tight at New year.

I want to loose another 1.5 stone and I'll be happy. :rolleyes: