UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've not been in here since I said that I needed to be in here :blush: but I weighed myself last week and found that I've lost 2 stone :ohmy: :pinkie:

I'm not sure that I'd be rushing to advocate a diet of stress, depression and dairy intolerance though :rolleyes: :laugh:

Ah well, it's a great start and my clothes are falling off without an awful lot of effort on my part, so now I have a great incentive to keep it going :biggrin:

You can Wii at our place MrsB - if you every visit again! :mecry: :wink:

Hi all, I'm back in here again. The 2nd year of my big plan. I'm playing the long game. Last year I did my diet and I lost 6 stone. I stopped dieting to give myself a break and I've kept the weight off. It's about 10 months now since I finished the 'diet', so I decided this week it was time again, and I'm back on it again to shift the rest of the weight I want to lose. Probably another 3 / 4 stone if possible. But I will play that by ear.

Well done to everyone who is losing!!! :)

Well done Sarah :flowers:

VLCD's like the ones we've done aren't easy and I know lots of people do put weight back on, but I think losing similar amounts and keeping that weight off is the main thing. Doesn't matter if you take a break and then get back on to it. It's whatever works for you.

Between us, we've lost more than I weigh now :wacko: :laugh:

My total weight loss for the last month is 10lbs. I know it's not much from the many, many pounds I need to shed but I saw the nurse today and she says a nice steady slow weight loss is probably best for me as I am re-educating myself to healthier eating on the low G.I diet which is why (as long as get the portion control right) I am loosing weight.

I am chuffed with the 10lbs and the fact that I haven't had a hunger pang. And I am certainly keeping control of the diabetes with the low G.I diet. Even the nurse said I've surprised her - it's been 3 years since I was diagnosed.

According to the Wii Fit my BMI has also fallen - only slightly but it's in the right direction.

My total weight loss for the last month is 10lbs. I know it's not much from the many, many pounds I need to shed but I saw the nurse today and she says a nice steady slow weight loss is probably best for me as I am re-educating myself to healthier eating on the low G.I diet which is why (as long as get the portion control right) I am loosing weight.

I am chuffed with the 10lbs and the fact that I haven't had a hunger pang. And I am certainly keeping control of the diabetes with the low G.I diet. Even the nurse said I've surprised her - it's been 3 years since I was diagnosed.

According to the Wii Fit my BMI has also fallen - only slightly but it's in the right direction.

10 lb is a fantastic loss in month :flowers: well done you

I know I've not been in here since I said that I needed to be in here :blush: but I weighed myself last week and found that I've lost 2 stone :ohmy: :pinkie:

I'm not sure that I'd be rushing to advocate a diet of stress, depression and dairy intolerance though :rolleyes: :laugh:

Ah well, it's a great start and my clothes are falling off without an awful lot of effort on my part, so now I have a great incentive to keep it going :biggrin:

Very well done Mrs Muckychook :flowers:

Might not be the best way to lose the weight but it's gone now and good riddance :laugh:

Very well done Yantan :flowers:

Fab result and I think a 10lb weight loss in a month is fantastic - what a champ :biggrin:

:unsure:

Misplaced a pound. Anyone seen it anywhere?

I found it! :rolleyes:

Weigh in tonight. **wibble**

A pound on....... surprise NOT! :laugh: Oh well there is always this week. :rolleyes: I was hoping the 4 hours hill walking I did yesterday might have made a difference. :rolleyes:

Bloody hell missus! Make sure you get a belt round those trousers! :laugh: Seriously, please make sure you eat healthily when you can. Dont want you being ill too. :GroupHug:

Yantan, I wish I'd lost 10lb! I had until last week and its taken me quite a few weeks. I think slow and easy makes it easier to keep off too. :wink: Well done.

Edited by safneo

I don't think I posted my WI results on Saturday did I? Anyway I lost 4lbs (dunno how exactly - same ol same ol foodwise) so that's 31 lbs now - very pleased. Gary is now at goal and looking a little scrawny tbh - he'd better start weight training again soon cos there's not much to grab atm ;) Courtney put on 2lb and has been very grouchy all week as a result but it might stop the constant grazing she does so it might be a good thing.

I need a new achieveble goal now that I've lost 2 stone - any ideas?? as 3 stone off seems a long way off although that will be my half way point then.