UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i could lose weight,8 months ago i joined a gym,really watched what i ate,but i keep gaining,yesterday the docter phoned to say my blood results say my thyroxine dose needs upping ,sooooooooo im just hoping that MAYBE my weight will start dropping abit,its so depressing when people around you lose it ,and it just wont budge off me

Not odd at all, Aly :wink: When I was starting to lose weight and it was becoming noticable, it was a huge boost to meet up with people who'd not seen me for a while and notice the difference in me :biggrin:

I've been eating more food as well as having the milkshakes as I've now got to start re-introducing healthy eating. It's meant that my weight has been a bit up and down, but so long as I stay around the 11st 7lbs mark, I'm happy, especially as I was 18st when I started :huh:

Well done to everyone losing :flowers:

You are a proper inspiration Wendy - stunning loss and to maintain it as well is fantastic!

I do worry slightly that I may have the same problem I did 16 years ago on WW and not be able to maintain my goal weight as it is just too light for me to be able to cope with. 9st 13lbs seems a bloomin long way away :unsure:

I'm on day 4 of the cambridge diet and have resisted the temptation to jump on the scales every day :rolleyes: but for some reason I'm feeling a bit wobbly today and must keep myself busy and away from the fridge!

Stick with it :flowers: I found the first 3 - 7 days the hardest, after the initial couple of days of "omg, I'm being so good and just having milkshake" I then felt reallly rough, had headaches, felt dizzy etc but all it was my body craving the carbs and once the 'cold turkey' feeling passed, I was ok :wink:

You are a proper inspiration Wendy - stunning loss and to maintain it as well is fantastic!

I do worry slightly that I may have the same problem I did 16 years ago on WW and not be able to maintain my goal weight as it is just too light for me to be able to cope with. 9st 13lbs seems a bloomin long way away :unsure:

Aww, thank you :flowers: I think that as much as I knew I hated being so fat before, it wasn't until I'd lost most of the weight that I realised I hated myself so much, I didn't want to get so big again. According to the BMI scale, even at a healthy 11st 7lbs, I'm in the overweight range. However, I'm a size 14 and my goal was always to get to a comfortable size 12-14, even though according to the BMI chart, to be a BMI of 25, I should be about 10st 4lbs :huh:

We must be about the same height Wendy :unsure: I've set my goal weight at 11st and that will make my BMI 25.6 so just outside the healthy range, but I figure just over has got to be healthier than it is now :huh: :biggrin:

Annie stick with it and keep busy, after the first week to ten days it becomes much easier, especially once ketosis is established because then you won't feel physically hungry and then its just emotional/boredom hunger that you need to stave off :flowers:

I'm half way through week 6 :elefant:

Well done everyone who is losing weight :cheer:

I think that goal weights are a bit unrealistic sometimes. Aly, you should just stop when you feel comfortable :flowers:

I am 5 foot 4 and set my target as the maximum ideal weight for my height, 10 stone, 4 pounds, that was in my Slimming World book. I got to target in Jan 2008 and then put on a few pounds. I am so scared of putting the four stone that I lost back on so have been going to class every week and paying £4.50 to be told that I am a pound or two over my three pound target range :rolleyes: Thanks to Andrea's suggestion ( :liebe94: ), I spoke to my consultant this week and added two pounds on to my target so that while I am now maintaining, I will not have to beat myself up about having to pay for the class.

The Wii fit will continue to say that I am overweight :mad: but I am happy as I am now and that is what really matters :) Two years ago, I was too ashamed to try on a pair of jeans and the fact that I can wear a size twelve is fantastic to me :pinkie: I have big boobs and feel that I am in proportion.

Keep going everybody :flowers: Wendy and I have done it and you can too :flowers:

I'm on day 4 of the cambridge diet and have resisted the temptation to jump on the scales every day :rolleyes: but for some reason I'm feeling a bit wobbly today and must keep myself busy and away from the fridge!

Stick with it :flowers: I found the first 3 - 7 days the hardest, after the initial couple of days of "omg, I'm being so good and just having milkshake" I then felt reallly rough, had headaches, felt dizzy etc but all it was my body craving the carbs and once the 'cold turkey' feeling passed, I was ok :wink:

What Wenders says Annie, tis the carb withdrawals you are feeling :) keep strong and it will pass.

:mad: I need a kick up the arse to get my weight off again!! I want to lose the weight but for whatever reason am not finding the motivation to do anything about it. :( I am not sure if it's because I feel so disappointed in myself for putting it back on and am scared of losing the weight and then failing again :(

I am 5 foot 4 and set my target as the maximum ideal weight for my height, 10 stone, 4 pounds

See, now I'm 5ft 4" too but I can't see me getting down to 10st 4 :unsure:

I think a lot of the scales and charts for height/weight are way too generic. They don't take into account whether you've got a small or larger frame etc. One thing my CD Counsellor told me is that to be a healthy size, your waist measurement should be half your height measurement.

Waist circumference

Waist circumference is now believed to be a much more accurate measure of future health risk than BMI alone. Carrying too much fat around your middle is associated with an increased risk of developing heart disease and diabetes.

It's also associated with a greater risk of high cholesterol levels which, in turn, increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

A waist circumference greater than 80cm (32in) for women and 94cm (37in) for men increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, for example, heart attacks and stroke, and diabetes.

The greatest risk is for women with a waist measurement of more than 88cm (35in) and men with a waist measurement of more than 102cm (40in).

http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/news/2006/whrversusbmi.html

San, I would give you a kick :wink: Don't know what to suggest really. I've had weeks when I've been so demotivated I've just ate rubbish foods again, but then my size 14's get a bit too snug and that has been the poke in the eye I need to get back on track.

I do think though that you need to be in the right frame of mind. Is there anything that could aim for? Ie, give yourself another few weeks of eating what you want and then setting yourself a start & end date to get back on the wagon, shift a few pounds? Last year I kept on track because of having to wear a ballgown in the summer, and this year I've got to find myself a little posh party frock to wear in September, so although at the moment my weight can fluctuate a little, I need to keep within a size 12-14 still, if that makes sense :wacko:

I am 5 foot 4 and set my target as the maximum ideal weight for my height, 10 stone, 4 pounds, that was in my Slimming World book. I got to target in Jan 2008 and then put on a few pounds. I am so scared of putting the four stone that I lost back on so have been going to class every week and paying £4.50 to be told that I am a pound or two over my three pound target range :rolleyes: Thanks to Andrea's suggestion ( :liebe94: ), I spoke to my consultant this week and added two pounds on to my target so that while I am now maintaining, I will not have to beat myself up about having to pay for the class.

The Wii fit will continue to say that I am overweight :mad: but I am happy as I am now and that is what really matters :) Two years ago, I was too ashamed to try on a pair of jeans and the fact that I can wear a size twelve is fantastic to me :pinkie: I have big boobs and feel that I am in proportion.

Glad you got that sorted. I think you look amazing!

What Wenders says Annie, tis the carb withdrawals you are feeling :) keep strong and it will pass.

:mad: I need a kick up the arse to get my weight off again!! I want to lose the weight but for whatever reason am not finding the motivation to do anything about it. :( I am not sure if it's because I feel so disappointed in myself for putting it back on and am scared of losing the weight and then failing again :(

Sandra, what about when the clocks change and we have light nights? Do you think that might change your mood and make you feel 'lighter and brighter'? I find I am more inclined to do things that I have put off when the weather is better and I seem to feel more energised/motivated. And I have to say that the fact that you have already done it once means that it is possible for you to do it again. You had a big achievement onc before , so aim for it again! (apologies for carp grammar its late and I am tired). I too lost and put it all (an more) back on so know how rubbish that feels. I am now back down to what I started at last time I joined SW. :rolleyes: