UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am dipping my toe back in here, I am going to be honest and say I have in my past had a tendency to get a bit obsessive about food and my weight when I try and do anything about it in a structured way and in 1997 I was well under 9 stone ( which for me is way too small ) and was heading towards an eating disorder at a great rate of knots

I thought I had got over that but last year when I started to "diet" I found myself on the scales numerous times in one day and thought feck it thats a bit dangerous so I hid the scales and decided to just try and eat what I fancied etc

everything stayed pretty much the same which was good and I stopped obsessing which is equally good

over the last 9 weeks I have been in Sri Lanka and I think I have lost some as my jeans keep falling down. I would say its the result of an 8 week elephant work out and not a huge selection of junk food to pick from

so finally I get round to what I came in here to post , I have decided to eat sensibly following Slimming worlds green days and do more exercise ( as I am missing the elephant ) So I have brought a Wii and Wii Fit and also brought membership to the local swimming pool

today I have been swimming and this afternoon am going to give this Wii fit a go , had a little go last night and my Wii age matches my real age but it did say I was a tad fat ( actually it said my BMI was in the overweight range but I think it was trying to say I was a chunky squirrel )

I won't be weighing myself as such but I think the Wii is going to do that and it's going to tell me when my BMI is reduced which is what I am aiming for rather than a weight on the scales

Sam

P.s so impressed with the ammounts people have lost since January 1st , well done

My Wii Fit, that I haven't used for over a month, says I've lost 5lbs :pinkie: I've been ski jumping this morning, done a bit of slalom then had to pack the kids off to school. Will have another go later. I really must get back into the habit of doing it every day.

I've never had a chance to do Wii. One day no doubt!

Meanwhile, I've lost no weight at all this week.

Which is FANTASTIC given that, not having been at work this week, but having had one breakfast and two lunches out, and a couple of rather unbalanced evening meals (to put it mildly) I am quite, quite content with.

Mind you, I usually take the average of three readings on the scales, but decided to stick with the first reading this morning 'cause I liked it. :D

Somewhat disconcertingly, even though I haven't lost as many pounds as some of you guys out there, I no longer need to undo my jeans to remove them. :worried_anim: As I've no plans to go clothes shopping for a while yet, does anyone know of any braces going spare ....... ?

Another successful week for the family this week We all lost again - phew! The three of us have now lost a total of 80 pounds since 10th January! So pleased - especially with my daughter Courtney who has struggled this week but managed to lose 4lbs and my OH who, like me lost 2.5 lbs.

Thanks to everyone who posts here - you are a mine of information and inspiration!

I am now 1 pound away from losing 2 stone - I can hardly believe it. :)

Another successful week for the family this week We all lost again - phew! The three of us have now lost a total of 80 pounds since 10th January! So pleased - especially with my daughter Courtney who has struggled this week but managed to lose 4lbs and my OH who, like me lost 2.5 lbs.

Thanks to everyone who posts here - you are a mine of information and inspiration!

I am now 1 pound away from losing 2 stone - I can hardly believe it. :)

Very well done again to all of the family :flowers: :flowers:

I happen to think that you are all amazing and it must be so supportive doing it all together :)

Thank you :)

Although I can run a bit faster with Merlyn (tbh it's not hard to outrun Merlyn the Valium Collie) I cannot really see any difference - even when looking at the "before" pictures we took.

One of my main inspirations is Wendy - she looks fantastic and Andrea who does too, I think it's because I knew them pre-shrinkage :)