UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At weigh in on Saturday I'd lost another 2.5 lbs so that's 2 stone 8.5lbs lighter (sounds better than 36.5lbs - I wonder why?) than I was in January - I am really pleased. We don't have a class this coming weekend due to Easter so I mustn't slack off! Gary lost another 2.5lbs even though he is now 5lbs below goal - silly boy (must have forgotten how to eat) Courtney lost 1.5 so that's 25lb for her. I made her May Ball Dress at the weekend - the Corset is a size 10-12!!

Well done to everyone, Wendy I'm very jealous of your Size 14 - that's wonderful :)

Aly

Brilliant! We do expect to see pics of slinky Courtney in her Ball gown :biggrin: and I think you may need to feed Gary any easter chocolate that comes your way or he may disappear :laugh:

Yes Safneo, it was a loss of 2.5 lbs! :wink:

Aly, you're doing fantastically - you must really be feeling the difference from losing so much weight. And just think how what two week's weight loss will sound like!

A salutory tale from me now. We were out the other day, and, as one does, needed to eat some lunch. It happened that the choice was a "Thornton's Café" (and I didn't even know such things existed!) Now, before you think it was the chocolates that were my downfall, it wasn't! I didn't really want "just a sandwich" and I spotted some "toasted sandwiches" (as in you handed the packet over for toasting) - however they had calorie counts on them .................... and all of them were 700+ calories. :ohmy: So I thought "perhaps a panini" - then again, maybe not. They were all 1200+ calories :ohmy: :ohmy: I settled for a bowl of soup and a roll - there was no calorie count on that!

Edited by Mrs B

A salutory tale from me now. We were out the other day, and, as one does, needed to eat some lunch. It happened that the choice was a "Thornton's Café" (and I didn't even know such things existed!) Now, before you think it was the chocolates that were my downfall, it wasn't! I didn't really want "just a sandwich" and I spotted some "toasted sandwiches" (as in you handed the packet over for toasting) - however they had calorie counts on them .................... and all of them were 700+ calories. :ohmy: So I thought "perhaps a panini" - then again, maybe not. They were all 1200+ calories :ohmy: :ohmy: I settled for a bowl of soup and a roll - there was no calorie count on that!

:ohmy: You would have been better of with a bar of chocolate and packet of crisps! :laugh:

I have lost a 1lb this week making 11lb so far. I am going to try really hard this week despite it being Easter :rolleyes:

A question for those who have done Lighter Life and then moved to the Cambridge Diet, or just know about the two.

Someone on another forum was looking at LL but said it's going to be about £60 a week - and I'm sure I've read that CD is cheaper? Can anyone tell me how much cheaper, roughly, so I can pass the info on?

Is CD fairly similar to LL? If it is, why is it so much cheaper? :unsure:

Ooh yes, that'll be me :biggrin:

LL is about £66 per week and for that you get your 21 sachets of food and have to attend a 2 hour "counselling" session. The woman I used to see gave us a set time each week and I personally wouldn't call it counselling. While the lady was sorting out our foodpacks, the group would sit and watch a DVD and then we'd discuss various food/diet/behaviour related topics after.

I didn't find the counselling at all helpful as with any groups of people (there was 12 of us) there are always those who will take above everyone and those who will keep quiet.

After about a month I switched to Cambridge as I'd had enough of the group and also found the weekly time slot unrealistic, especially with working shifts.

CD is a lot cheaper, about £35 a week. There's more choice of flavours and as well as sachets for milkshake, there are foodbars, tetra packs of readymade shake and they now do porridge. The "counsellor" is much nicer and we have a half hour session which is more of a chat. When I was still losing lots of weight, the session was very much about motivation, checking my measurements, weight and that I was following the plan. I still see her now but its mostly a gossip, talk about the dogs, life in general kind of thing. The other good thing is that I see her when it suits both of us, whether thats 8.30am or 7pm, depending on what I'm doing.

I did apply to become a CDC myself and I know that each counsellor has to go on Cambridge diet courses at their HQ and they look at the health and nutrition side of things in depth. There are restrictions due to medical grounds but a questionnaire when you first see the counsellor goes through all of that.

My CDC is lovely and if I've been too busy to see her for a few weeks she sends little cards saying hello and if there's a new product, she gives away samples etc. With LL you had to sign a contract to say you would attend each week and buy your £66 worth of packs.

Hope that helps, but anything else, just ask :flowers:

I fell off the wagon a bit and have gained about 5 pounds :blush02:

In my defence I have had a rough couple of months, problems at work, at home (splitting up is never easy, especially when the other person won't leave, then googles your username and hits the jackpot when he finds about 2 years worth of posts on another forum, mainly slating him, drags you out of bed at 1am and STILL won't leave).

I am hoping to make up for it in the next month.

I knew giving up Lush for lent was a mistake, I should have given up food :wacko:

:pinkie:

I was asked by someone at work if I had lost weight – "‘cause I looked as if I have".

As I have told NO-ONE apart from you folks that I’m trying to lose weight, I was quietly pleased that someone had genuinely noticed – especially as I’m still eating ‘normal’ food – just less of it generally and definitely much less of the 'bad' stuff and more of the ‘better’ stuff.

It’s just proved to me that even losing a few pounds can make you look different – and even more importantly I feel better for it.

Another weigh day tomorrow – you watch, I’ll have put on weight!

Edited by Mrs B

:pinkie:

I was asked by someone at work if I had lost weight – "‘cause I looked as if I have".

As I have told NO-ONE apart from you folks that I’m trying to lose weight, I was quietly pleased that someone had genuinely noticed – especially as I’m still eating ‘normal’ food – just less of it generally and definitely much less of the 'bad' stuff and more of the ‘better’ stuff.

It’s just proved to me that even losing a few pounds can make you look different – and even more importantly I feel better for it.

Another weigh day tomorrow – you watch, I’ll have put on weight!

1.5 lbs

Isnt it a lovely feeling when people notice. Makes the hard work seem worthwhile. And well done on the further loss. You must have fabulous willpower with a house full of cake! :laugh: