UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Amaranth you and your family are an inspiration

my BMI is failing slowly according to Mr Wii but at least it's falling , my balance and flexibility is also getting better

I was wondering as I have come home with muscles from working with Rani and now I am swimming regularly , walking loads more and using the Wii if I am staying the same weight ( ish ) but changing shape ?

Grandma Squirrel says I look a lot more toned and I have to wear a belt to keep my jeans up , I think I might measure my bits (ooh err ) and see how that goes over a few weeks

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amaranth you and your family are an inspiration

my BMI is failing slowly according to Mr Wii but at least it's falling , my balance and flexibility is also getting better

I was wondering as I have come home with muscles from working with Rani and now I am swimming regularly , walking loads more and using the Wii if I am staying the same weight ( ish ) but changing shape ?

Grandma Squirrel says I look a lot more toned and I have to wear a belt to keep my jeans up , I think I might measure my bits (ooh err ) and see how that goes over a few weeks

Aww thanks Sam :)

At WW Dianne the leader says to measure as, if you are toning up, what you don't see on the scales, you may see on the tape measure.

Well done Amaranth. :flowers:

Have you thought of setting yourself an interim BMI target to aim for – especially if it’s one that takes you over a “border†perhaps? And meantime just think “half stonesâ€. You’re doing fantastically well, and I wouldn’t want you to be daunted by too big a target. And don’t forget to offer yourself a non fattening treat when you reach an interim goal.

Sam, if you ask Grandma Squirrel to do the measuring you could become instantly thin as the cold hands would shrink you. :laugh:

Meanwhile, back in my dieting world, things have really gone downhill.

Last night I remembered my scales were reading “Loâ€, so I recharged the battery overnight, ready for “Weigh Inâ€.

Jumped on the scales this morning – OK, actually no, I stood on them carefully to ensure the indicator didn’t shoot upwards toooooo quickly. Nothing. Zilch. Not even a “Loâ€. Changed the battery for the second battery I had recharged. Still nothing.

Took the battery out, turned it upside down, back to front. Nothing. Kicked the scales. Nothing. Talked, very, very, very nicely to the scales saying “Pleeeeeease. I would really like to know if I have lost any weightâ€. Nope, wouldn’t play.

As my technical skills extend to putting batteries in, out, with a bit of wiggling if required, I don’t know if, for some reason my batteries have suddenly become duds (I’ve only had them for 25 years for goodness sakes), my charger has given up (see last remark) or my scales have had enough of my lumpiness and they’d like to go to scales heaven and for me to purchase a replacement.

I am now officially deprived of my weigh in, and am not a happy chunky bunny. :(

Well, the scales are refusing to tell me anything at all, despite the lure of a new battery!

So, it looks like today's challenge is "Guess the Weight of Mrs B"!

Anyone want to recommend any particular set of new scales? I do prefer the ones that tell me "instantly" what I weigh, rather than ones which I have to peer at first thing in the morning!

I did get Mr Wii to weigh me this morning and he says I have lost 2lbs since the 14th March

he did still say I was a fat Squirrel but less of one than last week

I fail to see how after three months in Sri Lanka working, you can be a fat squirrel! Me thinks you have just built up some more muscles. :wink:

I fail to see how after three months in Sri Lanka working, you can be a fat squirrel! Me thinks you have just built up some more muscles. :wink:

I must have been an even bigger fat squirrel when I went :laugh: , I do think I have some new muscles but I am still a porker

I've lost nine pounds - if anyone finds it they're welcome to keep it :rolleyes: :laugh:

well done you :flowers:

I've lost nine pounds - if anyone finds it they're welcome to keep it :rolleyes: :laugh:

Very well done you.

Having lugged bags of flour and sugar up and down stairs over the weekend, I can tell you that three bags of flour feels like an awful lot, so just imagine your bones not having to carry that any more. :wink:

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide if I can live any longer without scales that work ...................... shall I go on a spending spree this lunch time ............... ?

Well done Safneo. :)

Well I went out and got me my new scales.

And they say that in the last 11 days I have lost …………………

¼ lb! :unsure:

Apart from the fact I didn’t event KNOW the scales weighed in quarter pounds, I am now having to justify my eating habits for the last 11 days, as I had convinced myself that I felt lighter (by more than ¼ lb!). :mecry:

However, I have now decided that either:

My old scales weighed light – in which case I was an even bigger porker when I started than I thought, or

My new scales weigh heavy – which I’ll just have to live with, or

I’ve really not been as good over the last 11 days as I thought.

Must admit I was every so slightly disappointed, but there you go, I will just have to do better.

And I’m out for dinner tomorrow night! :wacko: