UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I rang the vet at 10 ish and there was nothing to report as he had not had the x-rays yet. I rang back at 2 am and the vet said he'd had x-rays but there were no obvious signs of a mass or of pooling of blood which they would expect with an aggressive tumour.

When I rang back at 6am, they had done some other blood tests as well to check if his cells were attacking themselves but that came back clear, so we are still no clearer to a diagnosis :(

The next step is an abdominal scan to check his spleen and kidneys for tumours and there was some talk of ultimately a possible bone marrow transplant, but they can't do anything until he's diagnosed and they are working their way through the series of tests.

He's been on fluids all night and had something to eat and the vet said he was very bright in himself and has had lots of cuddles, and he's spent most of his time wagging his tail and rolling on his back for tummy rubs :wub: :mecry:

I have to ring back at 10.30 if they haven't rung me by then. I haven't slept much as you can imagine. I took the other four dogs to bed with me but the bed felt empty without Max :(

Edited by merledogs