Jacobean

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a very cold and damp foggy night here

so why on earth is someone letting off fireworks

ggrhhhhhh

I thought I could hear fireworks too Sam, Kanu is doing his wobbly jelly impression again now. Wish I could find whoever it is & show 'em where they should stick their rockets :mad:

It looked incredibly cool over today's outfit - which consisted of black skinny jeans, knee length black boots, a bright green t-shirt, a bright pink and black tutu and a headband with cat ears on :wacko: :rolleyes: She's definitely one on her own, my girl :wub:

Wow, the girl has got style :biggrin: I was wearing a tutu and tiara the other day and the boys thought I was being very wierd :huh:

I explained that it was a costume for a party eventually :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have been an absent fugee recently, Pops, my father in law lost his very couragous battle against cancer on November 11th. He passed over to a better place warm in his own bed with his wife and eldest son (hubs) at his side.

Due to family having to travel, Pops, funeral isnt until Friday 5th Dec and the past few weeks have been a flurry of arranging, paying, sorting what seems to be an endless list of "must do's".

My eldest daughter Charis, who adored by and adored her Grampy, is 18 on Wednesday and is burdened by guilt at wanting to celebrate when her heart says she should be mourning.

Hubs, i can only say, i am very proud of, he has kept his smile, shared his tears and battled through his grief to support his mom and reassure Charis that she and her birthday are special and worthy of celebrating, he has made time to buy her a special (i havent seen it) dad to daughter present, arranged a meal for al of us and done everything "expected" of an eldest son.

Ive done what i do, ensured the paper work is in order, bills paid, home run, arrangements arranged and smile painted on face.

Everything that needs to be done, is now done and that means by brain is no longer busy so i have time to think, time to reflect on a 28 year friendship with a i man i called Pops, loved like a dad and respected as an elder, a gentleman, a father, grandfather and father in law, time to realise im not as strong as i thought, as each day turns in to the next i find myself fearful of not doing "it" (what ever it is) right, scared i may not support my hubs the "right" way, scared an arrangement isnt arranged properly and scared of the fact that as sure as im here, eventually both myself and hubs will be parentless.

I know im luckier than most in that i have some fantastic, wonderful friends who quietly watch over me in the back ground to make sure that im ok when im busy making sure everyone else is ok, i know deep down that when the going gets tough, my lot (kids, hubs and i) draw strengh from each other and get through everything and everything, but the loss of a parent is something thankfully new to us and im scared i wont know how/will not be able to carry us through it.

Can i be selfish please and ask that you send my baby the love and laughter she needs to celebrate her 18th in the way her Grampy would want her to, my Pops the love needed to guide him to heaven where he will see his son, Paul again, and us as a family, the strengh we need to get through each of the coming days in the next week :flowers:

Jacqui :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I know you are very sad but that is a lovely post. You will all get each other through this difficult time - you don't always have to be the strong one.

Wishing Charis a wonderful 18th - it will be a day of mixed emotion to be sure, but as you say her Grampy would wish her nothing other than a happy day :flowers: It can also be a celebration of family and his life.

Everyone thinks they don't have the strength they need at some point in their lives, but we do, and you will.

I have been an absent fugee recently, Pops, my father in law lost his very couragous battle against cancer on November 11th. He passed over to a better place warm in his own bed with his wife and eldest son (hubs) at his side.

Due to family having to travel, Pops, funeral isnt until Friday 5th Dec and the past few weeks have been a flurry of arranging, paying, sorting what seems to be an endless list of "must do's".

My eldest daughter Charis, who adored by and adored her Grampy, is 18 on Wednesday and is burdened by guilt at wanting to celebrate when her heart says she should be mourning.

Hubs, i can only say, i am very proud of, he has kept his smile, shared his tears and battled through his grief to support his mom and reassure Charis that she and her birthday are special and worthy of celebrating, he has made time to buy her a special (i havent seen it) dad to daughter present, arranged a meal for al of us and done everything "expected" of an eldest son.

Ive done what i do, ensured the paper work is in order, bills paid, home run, arrangements arranged and smile painted on face.

Everything that needs to be done, is now done and that means by brain is no longer busy so i have time to think, time to reflect on a 28 year friendship with a i man i called Pops, loved like a dad and respected as an elder, a gentleman, a father, grandfather and father in law, time to realise im not as strong as i thought, as each day turns in to the next i find myself fearful of not doing "it" (what ever it is) right, scared i may not support my hubs the "right" way, scared an arrangement isnt arranged properly and scared of the fact that as sure as im here, eventually both myself and hubs will be parentless.

I know im luckier than most in that i have some fantastic, wonderful friends who quietly watch over me in the back ground to make sure that im ok when im busy making sure everyone else is ok, i know deep down that when the going gets tough, my lot (kids, hubs and i) draw strengh from each other and get through everything and everything, but the loss of a parent is something thankfully new to us and im scared i wont know how/will not be able to carry us through it.

Can i be selfish please and ask that you send my baby the love and laughter she needs to celebrate her 18th in the way her Grampy would want her to, my Pops the love needed to guide him to heaven where he will see his son, Paul again, and us as a family, the strengh we need to get through each of the coming days in the next week :flowers:

Jacqui, what a beautiful and sad post. You've really summed up all of your and your families emotions at this trying time. I wish you strength to get through it, which you will as you sound like a very united and firm family.

Charis really must enjoy her birthday, although it will be tinged with sadness.

I will be thinking of you and yours :GroupHug:

my dad died ten weeks before i married five years ago, im an only child and he was so looking forward to the wedding, both mum and i were devastated and steve and i thought of calling off the wedding, but we thought about it and dad was involved in the arrangements and he was so looking forward to it so we went ahead, and had a lovely day, im not saying there werent tears but we raised a glass to my dad and i felt hed be proud.

Tell charis to have a wonderful day and not to feel guilty her grandad would want her to remember something nice about such a big day

:GroupHug: to you all :flowers:

:GroupHug: Jacqui. As others have said your post is very sad but wonderful too.You obviously have an amazing family. My thoughts are with you all and especially Charis for her birthday - I hope she has a lovely day in the manner her grandfather would have wanted :GroupHug:

Alex - so glad Max is waggy this morning. The rest at home and TLC from his mum is obviously doing him good :wub:

It's freezing here too - properly with ice on the roads and everything! My friends are moving house today - I offered to help and have been assigned dog sitting duties - definately the best deal!! :laugh:

All good thoughts for Jacqui and her wonderful family. Charis, have a great 18th birthday :GroupHug:

Hope my car will start OK today. Won't even try it until the day has warmed up a bit. I went out and ran the engine for a bit late last night and parked it facing east so the bonnet has already defrosted. Need to get it to garage tomorrow.