UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Dolly Good Thoughts

Wendbert

Just spoken to Davina. Dolly is awake and has been moving around a little :biggrin: She's still quite groggy though and whiney, but that could be due to discomfort or could just be Dolly as she has whined sometimes after anaesthetic before.

Davina was pleased that they managed to remove the mass without removing any ribs, so thats good news. There is a concern that the small hole in the oesohpagus could cause some problems although they have stapled it for now and are hoping it will heal itself. Dolly has a chest drain in and Davina is hoping that can be removed in the morning.

They do morning rounds at about 8.30am so will have a better idea in the morning as to when Dolly can come home. Davina said that when she went to Dolly's kennel she got up, wandered out, wobbled a little but then went back inside. They are going to offer her some supper soon and see if she's hungry and will be keeping an eye on her during the night.

Davina did say that Dolly's not out of the woods yet and the next few days will be hard going for Dolly, plus there's the results for the mass to wait for, but I'm just relieved that she's awake and that they removed the whole of the mass :wub:

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One step at a time, I'm sure Dolly will be feeling a lot better without carrying that horrible mass around, everything crossed that the tumour is benign and the hole heals without any further problems and that is the last operation that Dolly has to have. Wishing her a vet free future! :wub:

I haven't been around much the past few days with hubby being back etc but I checked the thread twice today looking for news - great to hear so far so good, and that the mass has been removed without Dolly having to have a rib out, hopefully she'll feell much better now :GroupHug: