UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Dolly Good Thoughts

Wendbert

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolly is out of theatre :)

Alison, the vet, just called me. She said it took a while and was difficult to get the mass out, but they have got it out. As I'd been sleeping (working nights) I wasn't properly awake so forgot to ask whether they managed to get the mass out without removing any ribs. The lump was a tumour rather than an abcess and they found a small hole in the oesophagus but that could have been pierced by a forgein body, a slight tear during the surgery or could have always been there.

They are waking Dolly up gently and she's been heavily dosed up on painkillers, morphine etc as they want her as spaced out as possible. Alison said that recovery is going to be the next challenge for Dolly but both she and Davina were happy with how the operation went and the tumour will be sent for testing.

I'm not really with it just yet so have probably forgotten important things, but the very good news is that the phone call was to say they got the mass out, not that things were so bad they couldn't do anything.....

I've got to phone at 6pm and see how Dolly is then :wub: