UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal's Results Back

BillyMalc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the hospital and to be honest it doesn't look good :( While they examined Mal during his intake the nurse found another lymph node that seems very enlarged. Now if we're very lucky it's a normal lymph node surrounded by a lot of fat, but so far we've not been lucky. Also the state of his mouth, and the blisters on his tongue appeared to be 'bizarre' and not consistent with lymphoma so doG only knows what else he's got ... :(

This vet wasn't as positive either; I had the impression from the first vet that, by removing this one lymph gland, we would pretty much get rid of the cancer. Now it appears that it's actually incurable, but maintainable with chemo therapy. However, that would compromise his immune system, which is far from ideal for a dog who has got an auto-immune disease as it is - which is incurable too. How's that for scoring a double whammy :mecry:

All in all, I'm very likely to have my boy back tomorrow, but I'm not at all sure if we'll have achieved anything or that I want to hear what else they have found :( :mecry: