UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal's Results Back

BillyMalc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeell, it isn't that great, but having Mal home always makes me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As from Mal's point of view: he went into hospital as if nothing was wrong, and came out again as if nothing was wrong - "yes I know my throat is bald and I got a plaster. And your point is?" :rolleyes: :laugh:

The vet has had a closer look at the other lymph gland and was much happier with it than she first expected. She's taken a biopsy anyway, to be completely sure, but she's pretty positive that this gland is nothing to worry about :) The affected lymph gland has been removed, and they've taken a biopsy from his poorly gum for analysis.

It still doesn't alter the sad fact, however, that Mal has 2 diseases which cannot be cured and treatment-wise couldn't be more at odds with eachother if you tried. Treatment for lymphoma would be chemo, which suppresses the immune system. Mal's other condition is an auto-immune disease :( :( On top of that it is such a rare combination that Mal probably is the first and only dog in this country to suffer from it, so they are, as the vet said, treading into completely unknown waters :unsure: She's now trying to get more information from abroad, to see if vets there do have the experience - I think she's really making a massive effort for Mal and I really appreciate it - it's the best reaction I've had so far off any vet! :) Test results will be available some time next week, and then we'll discuss any further treatment.

I know what I have said previously about Mal's treatment, but unfortunately my idea of maintaining him on a low dose of Prednisolone and Allopurinol won't appear to be doing him any good in the long run - "long" being defined as a month :( - so I'll have to let go of that one then. Thing is, Mal really seems to be largely unaffected by his illnesses, and as long as he continues to react like that I feel I want to explore all options that there may be to see if we can find anything that will prolong his quality of life.

Back to the man himself: he was allowed a "little dinner" - yeah right! :rolleyes: Scoffed his food and then demanded more! He's now back on his sofa and all is well in his world - and in that case so it is in mine :wub:

THANK YOU all ever so much for your continued good wishes, I'm sure that they are at least part of the reason why Mal is still here today in the shape that he is in. THANK YOU!!!!! :flowers:

Back to the man himself: he was allowed a "little dinner" - yeah right! :rolleyes: Scoffed his food and then demanded more! He's now back on his sofa and all is well in his world - and in that case so it is in mine :wub:

After all he's been through, its good to see that food is still Mals number 1 priority :laugh:

I'm so glad he hasn't been affected too much by his ordeal today - unlike you I'm sure.

Give the special boy a gentle hug from me please :GroupHug: