UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: I'm back!

Well, let me say the name Cotswold View is not a big fib. It's very very pretty! It's high up and has lovely views all around, right across open land for miles and miles. It feels like it's miles from civilisation but it's actually not that far away from Oxford really. It's very close to Burford, gorgeous Woodstock with Blenheim Palace and towards Cheltenham. Lovely part of the world indeed. There will lots to do for those wanting to get out and about a bit more.

There's a nice long drive up to the site, passing fields of horses and sheep on the way, presumably all theirs. All very tranquil and quaint really.

It was raining when I got there but the tennis court still looked inviting and in very good order, nothing like a good thrash about :biggrin:

I didn't go right in but will go back when it's less poopy weather and ask to have a look around. There were about 15 or so tents up next to the little shop that sells footballs and kids tennis sets just like a seaside resort :wub:

The dogs are going to love it. There will be lots of adventure walks for them, plenty of fields for charging around in and loads of new smells!

The farm is on the approach and that's where the non-campers will be staying. Very neat and tidy, all clean and without mud despite the weather lately. It's exactly as it looks in the photos, typical cotswold stone buildings and very nice looking indeed! :)

I don't think anyone will be disappointed at all. If you go back and look at the website, the views you can see from the photos are exactly how it is. As for the aerial photo on the homepage, well standby because we may be able to help with that view as well :wink: More to come shortly....

This is all so exciting!! :pinkie:

:bigskip: sounds great. I'm hoping some of the walks on the OS map will be good for my two,especially as they'll be on lead a fair bit round the site.The Wychwood Way is very close to the farm as are the woods.Maybe we could look at arranging a walk on Saturday morning - if the heads aren't too sore after Friday night of course :wink:

I am looking forward to this weekend and meeting lots of new people and dogs. :rolleyes: We are in for a lovely two weeks as we come home from Dunster on the Tuesday and off again on Friday to the Cotswolds weekend. Holly will be worn out by the time we come home. :laugh:

Barbara

Hi all,

Just got back from my weekend in London - if you are thinking of going to the Tutankhamen exhibition its well worth a look.

Anyway, regarding the badges and numbers - according to my reckoning we have 14 Oldies Club Refuge members going, plus associated family and dogs - if that helps. :cool:

Of course you are ok to come - you will be very welcome and will get some group :GroupHug: :wub:

To all who are reading - EVERYONE is very, very welcome to attend whatever your circumstances - simply come along and meet a lot of like minded people and have a fun, fun, fun weekend :biggrin:

I am looking forward to this weekend and meeting lots of new people and dogs. :rolleyes: We are in for a lovely two weeks as we come home from Dunster on the Tuesday and off again on Friday to the Cotswolds weekend. Holly will be worn out by the time we come home. :laugh:

Barbara

Where are you staying in Dunster? Such a beautiful little village and of course Exmoor right behind.

Now that I am without a dog :mecry: , would I be still be OK to come? (Hadn't put my name down previously because of Rufus being poorly)

I would really love to meet some of you, in person, so to speak.

Val, I can't believe you needed to ask....! :GroupHug: