UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a wibble about sharing the car with the dogs. I worried that Meggi will chew a hole in it (she has taken to nibbling everything!), worried that Harri will either try to lie on me or attempt to crash through into the sleeping area, also worried that Roly may get squashed!! Would they be ok in the car (with blankets of course)???

I am having a wibble about sharing the car with the dogs. I worried that Meggi will chew a hole in it (she has taken to nibbling everything!), worried that Harri will either try to lie on me or attempt to crash through into the sleeping area, also worried that Roly may get squashed!! Would they be ok in the car (with blankets of course)???

Me being a thicko can't keep up. What dogs do you have (who is who) and what car? Sure we can get some suggestions to sort you out :)

Also, forgot what tent you have sizewise, kids etc?

We take (on weekends) a 4th tent. Me, OH and daughter. The dogs go, Neo (BC)with me and OH, On a lead on my wrist cos he is the worlds best doggy escape artist. Then Saffy lab goes in a crate, soft or hard, whichever we take, with my daughter in the other bunks. Saffy does snore though! :laugh:

Tis only for a weekend! Dont worry too much about lack of sleep. Sleeping isnt on the agenda! :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by safneo

I have a lab, cav and a chi, the car is a scenic so the seats can go down. The children are 15 and 9. The tent is a 3+ which we have not used before, in fact we are having a practice "put up" next week in the half term :)

Edited by lazydaisy

I suppose the only thing about them sleeping in the car is if they decide to eat it, but otherwise I'm sure it would be fine, you can park right next to the tent after all, so you'd basically be using it as a big crate.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmmmmmmm OH is mithering me to call and book a pitch. Not sure if they'll be any left now though. Would love to attend but had to leave it this long as Rosie has been having a lot of problems recently with her leg and jaw (still not sorted). I think she might manage a weekend though as it doesn't look like she'll of had her operation by then.

Never done camping before though (only a dog tent on Fiat Field in Warrington many, many years ago, don't ask. :wacko: D-I-L has a tent and a friend has most if not all of the bits (except sleeping bags). Can anyone elaborate on what is exactly needed (besides beers that is, got those already). :wink:

Mmmmmmmmmmm OH is mithering me to call and book a pitch. Not sure if they'll be any left now though. Would love to attend but had to leave it this long as Rosie has been having a lot of problems recently with her leg and jaw (still not sorted). I think she might manage a weekend though as it doesn't look like she'll of had her operation by then.

Never done camping before though (only a dog tent on Fiat Field in Warrington many, many years ago, don't ask. :wacko: D-I-L has a tent and a friend has most if not all of the bits (except sleeping bags). Can anyone elaborate on what is exactly needed (besides beers that is, got those already). :wink:

I'll make you a cuppa (althogh you are a lager lout by own admission) and toast in the morning. BBQ in the evening and YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cindy

I do loveeeeeeeeeee my cuppa as well Cindy (just not in the evenings) :D

We have quite a few throwaway barbecues in the loft I think, left over from our last holiday in Scotland, just need sleeping bags now then.

Another thing, embarrassing though it is, what is the "loo" situation as I have to know this in advance and if possible get a pitch right next to them. :wacko: :rolleyes:

Forget above just rang and no pitches left :(

Couldn't of booked earlier anyway as we didn't know if Rosie would of had her op and wouldn't of been able to go.

Edited by Jasmine