UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Club June Camp 27th - 29th June

Lydford

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have also unearthed some paper plates and 3 foil disposable trays I can bring.

I need a list so can people copy and past and add to it what they will bring for the BBQs so others don't duplicate?

BBQs

Food

BBQ sauces, mustard,pickles etc - zico's mum

Mini muffins - zico's mum

Drink

2 bottles white wine - zico's mum

2 cartons fruit juice - zico's mum

Miscellaneous

Plastic cups x 100 (cold drinks only) - zico's mum

Paper plates x 30 - zico's mum

Foil tray x 3 - zico's mum

Rubbish bags - zico's mum

Edited by zico's mum

Oh lord, you are so organised, you put me to shame.... Mind you, you are going to be there a week ahead of the rest of us so I suppose you have to be prepared!

At a totally random guess of how many people there will be and how many will want to share, and how many will bring their own, and how many sossidges Mollydog & co will snaffle - I will bring:

24 sossidges

24 baps

some peppers and mushrooms (I like these toasted!)

A few bottles of random alcohol, probably St Austell beer and/or some sort of random white wine or possibly cider...

cake of some sort if I am organised enough to make one

anything else that catches my eye in Tavistock en route..

We will be bringing

I wine box of red wine

Fruit juice

24 round rolls

20 beefburgers

sundry sauces

Strawberries(if the slugs leave us any)

We will be away all next week until Tuesday the week after, then a quick turnaround and hope to get to the camp site on Thursday.

Barbara

Will be staying in the Band B but happy to bring provisions if anyone can say what's needed, including alcohol!

Will be just me and possibly one dog in my car so if any help needed with transport or ferrying anything happy to help out.

I'm on the outskirts of Stockport.

Sally.

I will be bringing some disposable barbecues, alcohol & my own food as I am a fussy begger lol! my friend is bringing her own choice too but we will bring some communal cakes & things that are nice to eat but bad for our bodies! :)

Don't think there is an evening meal option at the B&B (we are staying there too) so think you will need to bring something for the rest of the day.

Edited by melissa

Here's a bit more information about the camping trip...

Barbeques have to be off the ground.

Please remember that on site all dogs have to be on a lead, around the farm and woodland walks they can go free.

Entrance to the park is with a barrier card, visitors are charged £1 each per day, card hire (returnable) is £5.

On arrival everyone checks in and pays at Reception, the pitches are from mid-day to mid-day.

I asked the 'visitor' question for anyone, like me, who isn't staying onsite. I don't like too far away so will be going back and forth. It will also give me the chance to swap dogs and give them a bit of time out if it gets too much for them.

I can't believe how organised you lot are .... I never know what we are having from one meal to the next. My lot are a greedy bunch so I'll be grabbing what I can and there will be plenty of it and we'll be happy to share :) .

I asked the 'visitor' question for anyone, like me, who isn't staying onsite. I don't like too far away so will be going back and forth. It will also give me the chance to swap dogs and give them a bit of time out if it gets too much for them.

And Kelly ... that's cheating!

We could all bundle round yours if it's raining?! :laugh: :laugh:

Hi folks

WOW just come back after a sad week, and I am glad I signed up for this camp now!! Not having met anyone I was a bit worried but everyone looks like they intend having a good time :D

Ok I will bring

20 veggie sausages

3 bottles Squash for kids (it is the yikky Rocks organic one but without it my son will be bouncing off the caravans!!)

10 meaty kebabs

Can also find some paper plates n cups leftover from parties!!

Is anyone else out there a newbie??? :rolleyes:

OOps forgot to say :ohmy:

Cider n 2 bottles of Red wine.....but will be bringing gin n other lovelies too!!!

Oooooooh its getting so exciting!!!!! :partytime: :bigsmiley:

From memory from reading the recent posts:

Reg (Richard) my boyfriend isn't on the list..

We will have a plug in and socket hook up cooler - it has adapters for both, so urgent drinks can go in there if you're nearby us :biggrin:

We're veggies, and have a campervan with 2 hobs (im another morning tea drinker!!) and grill, so you are welcome to pop stuff on there (although its only mini sized and wont quite cater for the feeding of the 5000 we have going! ha ha!)

I would recommend anyone new to camping to bring babywipes - invaluable! And will have sunscreen for us and the dogs tummies (2 of them are bare underneath!) Also, definitely bring a pillow - don't do what my friend and I did when we went camping years ago, and decided to really pack small, we'd turn some clothes into pillows - it was the single most horrible sleeping experience ever!!!

We also thought a sheet would be fine for a cover - nope, it got freezing at night, and it was only through laughing at ourselves that we didn't cry of cold every night!! lol

We will also have a mallet, I am more than happy to help put tents up, distract dogs (give the energetic ones to Reg my boyfriend as he runs with them on the lead!!! ha ha!)

We will be the people in the blue and white campervan, 2 staffie-crosses and a Jack Russell (oldies of course), probably struggling with a whopping awning!!! :biggrin:

OOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh - Im looking forward to it soooo much!!!!! xxx

Everything crossed that the weather will stay good. Not that we didn't have a good time last time despite the rain, but it would be better dry! :cool:

I'm brining my waterproof trousers just in case, with a bit of luck there will be an umbrella effect. :biggrin: