UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poundie Chat

sparkle

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Wiggum didn't go to the vet today! His owner turned up at the other local stray kennels to claim him and was told he wasn't there. A few phone calls later and he was traced to our kennels. At 10.30am this morning we were told that said owner was on her way up to collect him so we cancelled the vet run..................and guess what??

NOBODY TURNED UP :angry:

His appointment at the vet has been re-booked for Friday now............thanks Heva :flowers: but you can imagine how annoyed I am :angry: :angry:

WINNIE HAS FOUND A HOME :biggrin: and can finally come off the list :biggrin: :biggrin:

Is that Winnie as in a girl Winnie, or Winnie as in Winston the American Bulldog ... she says hopefully :unsure:

Well Wiggum didn't go to the vet today! His owner turned up at the other local stray kennels to claim him and was told he wasn't there. A few phone calls later and he was traced to our kennels. At 10.30am this morning we were told that said owner was on her way up to collect him so we cancelled the vet run..................and guess what??

NOBODY TURNED UP :angry:

His appointment at the vet has been re-booked for Friday now............thanks Heva :flowers: but you can imagine how annoyed I am :angry: :angry:

:( given the state he is in perhaps it's better the owner didn't show :unsure: Will he just be handed back to them if they do turn up, even though he looks like that? (though I appreciate it's possible they've not had him long/are having him treated etc).

I have some wonderful news.................

WINNIE HAS FOUND A HOME :biggrin: and can finally come off the list :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeeeeeaaaaaah :circle: At last, good luck in your new life gorgeous boy :unsure: :wub:

Yeeeeeaaaaaah :circle: At last, good luck in your new life gorgeous boy :wub:

Sorry for the double post, I was trying to get rid of the "unsure" emoticone who seems to have appeared unasked, and for some reason I couldn't edit my own post

Edited by celeste

Taken off the RDR forum:

Well, poor Wiggum went to the vets this morning, courtesy of Heather, Thank you Heather :flowers:

After an examination from Ian the vet he can confirm that it isnt Demodex so it isnt contagious, which is good news. He was given a steroid injection and some antibiotics to help with any discomfort and he will need to go back to the vets next week to have a skin biopsy taken to see if we can determine what is wrong with him. He also has Entropian (just one eyelid) and this will have to be operated on some time in the future. So we are hoping that he just has an allergic reaction to something and the steroids and antibiotics will help ease Wiggum. He is booked into the vets next week for neutering, first vacs and skin biopsy etc. doing whilst he's asleep.........I'm not sure if he will be having his eye done at the same time?

And posted by Heva:

Oh this boy is so so sweet......he melts your heart! It's so horrid to see such a young baby in so much pain. He didnt make a peep in the car all the way to vets......he made a little noise at the vets but just craved every bit of attention (much to an attention seaking spikes dismay) .........You really pity what this guy must be feeling.......he is bright red in some places! There must be someone who can give him the TLC that he needs.... Here are a few pics from today!

DSC00054.jpg

Wiggum1.jpg

Wiggum2.jpg

Wiggum3.jpg

The best news is that after his ops. he has a foster home to go to with our very own Auntie Ally :biggrin:

It's just been confirmed with the vet that on Wednesday Wiggum will be neutered, have a skin biopsy taken and will also have his eye operated on. It's a lot for a poorly baby to go through in one day but onwards and upwards for him from then on.

Lets just hope his owner doesn't turn up before Wednesday.

Please keep your fingers crossed for him :flowers: