UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Storms

Wendbert

it was awful here last night and this morning but all of a sudden it all went quiet and the sun came out, then a bit later it clouded over and the wind got up again. Almost like the calm in the eye of a storm. Now it is sunny but very windy. Strange weather!! x

It's been like that here today too, raining and windy again now :(

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully a link to pictures of our battered coast roads! http://www.thisisguernsey.com/section/news/
Just seen the Guernsey pics :wacko:

Good grief - the Guernsey pics really shocked me, particularly the ones taken on the east coast :ohmy: Being in the lee of the Cotentin peninsula and with the wind coming from the west, I wouldn't have expected that. Just goes to show that no matter how experienced you might be in terms of weather and tides, they can always surprise you and bite you on the bum. I definitely am doing to right thing in avoiding Biscay for the next few days though and that's a fact.

Small tree branches down here but nothing major so far.

Polly and I ventured out when the weather had calmed for a while, and pottered around at Cwmtudu which is the only beach her ladyship likes to walk on at present :rolleyes:

Trees and branches down in various places, and friend has had her neighbour's thirty foot ash drop into her garden and flatten the fence.

It's not been too bad here tho the night before last was very wet and windy. But last night as I was going to bed I tapped the barometer and it did a huge nosedive from "fair" to "stormy". I have never seen such a huge swing. However nothing has happened, as yet at least, and tho it has climbed a little it is still firmly stuck in stormy so I am wondering if we have some nasty weather to come :unsure:

The barometer has always been a pretty accurate indicator of the weather and I trust it more than the TV weather.

Marion