UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Levi Stafford Male Lost/stolen

Allie No Dots

Guest dingbat

thank you on behalf of levi for your advice, like we have said we are by nomeans experts at this and are grateful for all advice and help that can be offered

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: To Levis owner.

Ive also e.mailed all the addresses shown on this thread, and printed out some of the posters from the link given, would it be an idea to maybe write on the posters that the image may be distorted a little, and give Levis height etc?

bebe

Guest dingbat

thank you for that on behalf of levi's dad, yes it might be an idea to mention the photo quality, feel really worried now :unsure: cos weve got hundreds of pics and vids of the little star, just alot of them are arty farty style or poses where he is sprawling on, in or under something plus becuase he is only 18 months old now only the ones from the last six months show him as he is now.

alison at staffy x has agreed to put a video clip of him on her site so once thats on people will be able to see that as well

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT. :flowers:

Some good points from Pingu.

I have a friend who used to write for The Times some years ago. She is now freelance but mainly writes books. I doubt sadly she can get a lead into the press for Levi, however I will ask her for some advice on your behalf Dingbat on the best way of maximising your chance for Levi :flowers:

Guest dingbat
Some good points from Pingu.

I have a friend who used to write for The Times some years ago. She is now freelance but mainly writes books. I doubt sadly she can get a lead into the press for Levi, however I will ask her for some advice on your behalf Dingbat on the best way of maximising your chance for Levi :flowers:

on behalf of levi's dad, dingbat, thank you very much for that any advice gratefully recieved. :closedeyes:

Guest dingbat

K9 ONLINE MAGAZINE PUBLISHED LEVI'S STORY TODAY SO HOPEFULLY THATWILL HELP TO INCREASE HIS PROFILE :unsure:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT DURRING THIS PARTICUALRLY DIFFICULT TIME. :flowers:

Guest dingbat
I was just looking at the photo on the Dogslost listing - it looks quite "stretched" in comparison to the one of Levi that allie has posted on this thread. I thought Levi looked more mastiff like in the dogslost photo, longer legs etc., until I saw the real staffie looking one on here. Is it just me thinking that? :unsure:

k9 online have uses a diferent photo this may be a better on to use what does everyone think

AGAIN THANK YOU :flowers: TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR LEVI :wub:

:

Edited by dingbat

Ive tried to find K9 online but couldnt :unsure:

What is the actuall address? Then I can print off the photos, and put the new one up next to the other one.

:flowers: bebe

Just watched the video, and read Steves story, what an amazing man, and what a devoted dog!

Please god let Levi find his way back home :(

Edited by bebe

Just watched the video, and read Steves story, what an amazing man, and what a devoted dog!

Please god let Levi find his way back home :(

Ditto Bebe :mecry:

Am waiting on my friend to come back to me with some ideas on how to get press attention. Will update soon, Helen x

Ive tried to find K9 online but couldnt :unsure:

What is the actuall address? Then I can print off the photos, and put the new one up next to the other one.

Great news that K9Magazine have published his story Dingbat. For anyone interested it can be found HERE. From a strategy point of view, I wonder if some of us emailing them with his story helped get it noticed at all? :)

Have just sent a story on Levi to Our Dogs online ([email protected])

Edited by tegk68

Guest dingbat

in reply to helen,

i am certain that without your support and efforts k9 would not have been so aware, and also we wouldn't have been aware of them

once again i thank you for all your help and in particular helen for starting the ball rolling

steve

Im printing out copies to place around here, I know its a long-shot, being so far away, but you never know.

I,ll take some to the Bristol Dogs Home too. If theres anyone I can e.mail, please just ask. :flowers:

bebe

Edited by bebe

Hi Dingbat

I have heard back from my journalist friend, as follows:

"It is an ideal local news story - editors love animal stories (dogs can't sue for libel), they love heart rending tales and it all sounds just the thing for some local coverage. I suspect the problem is that newspapers get loads of odd people ringing up and writing to them with mad stuff and so they tend to give them short shrift.

So - here is my suggestion. Work out a brief pitch - you need to be able to sum up the story in 20 words or less, which should include 'who, what, where, why, when'. You could then phone up your local paper and ask for the e mail address of the news editor.

You need to write a sort of headline to go in the subject box - something like 'Disabled owner pines for stolen dog' might get their attention and then follow up in the text box with your 20 word summary. After the summary, you could add a short paragraph with any details about the story that haven't made it into the summary - make it as heart rending and dramatic as you can. Also (if true), put owner would be available for photos. At the very bottom, put 'for more information, contact XXX XXXX' with their phone numbers on it.

Say in your contact details, if applicable, that you work with owners of lost dogs (so you sound professional and official and not some odd person - you wouldn't believe how many nutters get in touch with newspapers)

I would stick with a fairly integrated approach - newspaper journalists are easily irritated and unfortunately, so much of what does get printed relies on personal bias. And the easier you make it for them, the more likely it is that your story will end up in print.

Try the biggest local newspaper first and see what happens.....Please feel free to send me your e mail for a quick once over before you release it to the hounds of the press (no pun intended). And now you've (in a nutshell) done my media training course - aren't you lucky you don't work for GlaxoSmithKline or I'd have charged you many pounds for my paltry wisdom?"

So in a nutshell my friend advises:

• an integrated approach
  • a particular style of article delivery (as explained above)
  • the story should come from either you or someone from an 'official' sounding organisation for example DogLost or even this website (although permission would have to be provided first)

I don't know which newspapers DogLost have covered or are intending to do so? Perhaps you could find out the list and cover the ones that are outside of that yourself or with some help here - I am always available to help if that's of any use. Taking up her offer of looking over the article first may not be a bad idea as she really does know what she is talking about, would DogLost also be interested in doing that?

Let me know how/if I can help further on this.

Helen :flowers:

P.S. I am meeting her in London next Weds, so if you have any Q's I can bring them up with her then. I will also see if she still has any 'good' contacts in the national media that you could use

Edited by tegk68