UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Levi Stafford Male Lost/stolen

Allie No Dots

Refuge members,

Please see my posts from Doglost below. I believe there hasn't been much/any news coverage of this story. Perhaps fellow, lovely refuge members you could also send off a story on Levi to Yorkshire TV stations and beyond?

Helen :flowers:

Dingbat any luck with news coverage? Just wondering if it would be worth a whole load of us bombarding the newsdesks with pleas to run his story. This may make them sit up and notice and it's always amazing what a bit of persistance can achieve. I know that most, if not all, newspapers and tv news have emails that you can send in a story to. If these were given to supporters plus some appropriate text guidelines, we could all hit them with it.

Thinking of you and Levi, helen x

Hi Dingbat

I have just sent your story off to:

BBC North Yorkshire TV - [email protected]

ITV Yorkshire TV - [email protected]

The Sun Newspaper - [email protected]

Scarborough Today - via their website HERE

I'm sure there are lots more so I will put my thinking cap on. In the meantime, perhaps others may like to send in a news story about Levi to the email addresses above.I will keep trying for you and I will post this email addresses and sentiment on your posting on The Refuge on which I am a Member (known as tegk68).

Helenx

Edited by tegk68

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone cross posted this to Terrier Talk? they have a lost dog forum...it might help. I'm so sorry he still hasn't been found. :(

I don't believe so. Would you be able to do this? The more forums this story features on the better. Thank you :flowers:

I've put him onto Terrier Talk...fingers crossed that all the extra publicity will bring a result.

Thank you :flowers:

Have just seen from a post of Dingbat's that a piece on Levi's story is being put together by scarsborough newspaper for publication ASAP :)

How about nationals - Daily Mail I can't do it at the momement as about to go home for lunch.Think national coverage is vital here.I'll contact DM tonight but if others do too it will add weight.I've posted this elsewhere too,not just dog forums - BBC,Channel 4 have forums - although BBC are rubbish.

Thank you Zico's mum. The nationals are a very good idea indeed. Have just fired off an email to the Daily Mail ([email protected]). :)

Just to recap, below are the email addresses of all those who I have contacted. Hope you can spare a few minutes to do so too :flowers: . Thank you:

BBC TV North Yorkshire - [email protected]

ITV Yorkshire - [email protected]

The Sun - [email protected]

K9 Magazine - [email protected]

Daily Mail - [email protected]

Sky News - [email protected]

Richard & Judy - [email protected]

ITV Tyne Tees - [email protected]

Guest dingbat

on behalf of levi's dad who is struggling to type for long before a spasm catches him out, a very big thank you. we tried emailing papers and the other sites before but got no response also did gmtv and paul ogrady with no luck and des and mel. i think lots of people doing it will make them more inclined to take notice i feel bad because i can't go out and do the leg work myself and other people are having to help my little boy get back home iam so gratefull to all of you forthe help you are offering.

Has this been crossposted to all SBT forums and other "bullie" forums? I know staffycross are helping too but what about others - any members here who could crosspost? If you have a Pets at Home,Big H or other pet shop nearby they have noticeboards so please print one off and display it there too.Contact your local dog warden,Levi could be any where in the country now.So hoping we can get this fellow back for his owner - and of course by getting maximum publicity for him it'll help other lost and stolen dogs too.

Oh i have only just seen this, how awful!

Levi's dad HUGE :GroupHug: coming your way!.... My precious english bull terrier was stolen from me 3 years ago, not a day goes by i dont think about my baby, He is 5 in a few weeks and i desperately hope some day he re appears!....

Do NOT give up hope!!!!!!!!.... i havent even after all this time. When my dog went i didnt know places like this existed and thought Bandit was put on lost dog sites i didnt have people like this to help me.

Im lighting a candle for this wee lad and hoping he is back home where he belongs very soon.....

I understand what you mean about your suffering as i have illnesses too (admitted im more fortunate them loads of people).... when Bandit was taken my agrophobia get much worse, to the extent i locked my self in the house for 7 months, too scared to go out without my pal.....

Look after yourself, we will help in any way we can!... im down in south wales but i will use Levi's pic and details and make posters and send them to local vets, like you say, you never know..... the more publicity the better!

Take care of yourself

Louise x

Louise :GroupHug: . That is a great help with the posters etc :)

If you have any time some emails to the newspapers/tv channels would also be great (do someone please stop me if I'm pushing my luck :rolleyes: ). See the email list above. I'm happy to give anyone the copy I sent if that helps - just PM me. Although I am no witer so you may want to try your own version :D