UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Levi Stafford Male Lost/stolen

Allie No Dots

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow, between Shelly from Doglost and me, we are sending out 90 letters and posters to all the pubs within 10 miles of Levi's owner. Fingers crossed it brings some good news over the next week.

Still chasing the newspapers, as are journalist friends, proving a bit tricky but we'll persevere. Also emailed Paul O'Grady show today again (along with Bebe no doubt :flowers: ). Am not going to give up on that one either!

Maybe it might be worth while just completely covering every possible inch where ever possible with posters and notices. Pubs, uni, schools, shops and centres, pounds, rescues, everywhere!!

Every day I come to check on this thread hoping for the good news that hes been found and every day I feel a small amount of what dingbat is going through. Surely between friends and friends of friends, nearly every inch of england could be covered.

Sending big hugs and loads of hope and love. Chin up, he will get home!

If someone can email me a poster or such like i can email them out to anywhere that needs the, if your stuck for time etc

Have PM'd you :biggrin:

Louisebt is kindly going to email local businesses with posters. So that's pubs, businesses and rescues sorted. :flowers:

Edited by tegk68

Have emailed all the Clubs and Societies I can find in the area :)

Desperately need help in displaying posters in the North East in particular. Can you help? Could you also display a car poster for Levi? See HERE for details. :flowers:

Edited by tegk68

A couple of lovely people have asked where we're at with the publicity coverage of Levi. Here's a summary:

POSTERS

• Poster mailing campaign to all pubs within a 10 mile radius of Levis home
  • Posters emailed to all local clubs and societies
  • Posters emailed to all rescue centres in the North East, North West and Central England
  • Posters emailed to all local businesses within a 10 mile radius (Louisebt is kindly doing this)
  • Posters emailed to those on The Refuge who have requested them to display
  • Car posters emailed to those on The Refuge who have requested them to display

Levi registered on:

• Doglost
  • SBT Rescue
  • Various rescue sites
  • Advertised on Epupz, FridayAds and Adtrader
  • Article published on k9magazine

NEWSPAPERS

• Scarborough Evening News – have run two pleas for Levi now
  • Yorkshire Post – my journalist contact trying to get an article published at the moment
  • Telegraph & Argus – my journalist contact trying to get an article published at the moment
  • Hull Daily Mail – my journalist contact trying to get an article published at the moment
  • Nationals such as The Sun and Mirror I have emailed a few times but still no joy

RADIO

• Radio York (BBC North Yorkshire Radio) – have been contacted a few times now but as far as I know, still no airing
  • Yorkshire coast radio – appeal announced on Monday
  • Minster radio – have been contacted a few times now but as far as I know, still no airing
  • Galaxy - have been contacted a few times now but as far as I know, still no airing

TV

• Paul O'grady Show – have emailed them several times this week! No joy yet (and I think Bebe has a fair few times too :flowers: )
  • Yorkshire TV (Calendar NE) – was featured on there back in Jan but need to try again
  • BBC North Yorkshire – have emailed, will keep trying
  • ITV Tyne Tees - have emailed, will keep trying
  • Sky news - have emailed, will keep trying

OTHER

• Advertised in the paper edition of Adtrader (Yorkshire region) for the last two weeks and will continue to do so
  • Advertised in the paper edition of FridayAds (Yorkshire region) for the last two weeks and will continue to do so
  • Top Trader – local Scarborough advertiser, am contacting them tomorrow to run an advert (has featured in there back in Jan)
  • Your Dog – was featured in March

DAILY CHECKS

• Adtrader online
  • Epupz
  • DP Homes needed etc

Things on the list to do

Mail out posters to pubs 10 miles plus of Levi's home

Mail out posters to businesses 10 miles plus of Levi's home

Contact other National Newspapers

Contact Local Newspapers in North Yorkshire and surrounding areas (except those mentioned above)

I have highlighted in red areas which help is needed.

I have posters, car posters, media copy for newspapers and likewise radios, copy for sending out to rescue centres/businesses etc

If you need any of the above, PM me with your email address and I'll glady send the appropriate documentation out. Please do keep in touch of anything you do to help Levi, as it is always encouraging to see people helping, especially for those that matter, ie.those closest to Levi :flowers: and so we can all thank you :-)

Any other ideas you may have would be gratefully received :flowers: I am not an expert in these things, sadly.

Thank you so very much

Helen :biggrin:

Edited by tegk68

Is there any phone numbers you can get for the likes of the sun, mirror, paul o grady etc?

Emails might not get read for a while but if you can find numbers and actually talk to a bod it may have more success.

What about Radio 1, 2 etc...they may also be willing to help and cover Levi's story.

Could I have some posters for cars please? :)

Ive also e.maile Paul O, Grady everyday..nothing yet though :unsure:

I,ll do The Sun and nationals too.

Thanks so much Bebe. Can you PM me your email address and I'll send you the posters. If you haven't got a printer to print them out on send my your home address :flowers:

Has anyone contacted ITV's programme *This Morning* ? They recently had Lionel Blair on re. his lost colliex and more recently the woman who offered a huge reward for the return of her dog.

My Dad's near Middlesbrough so I'll see if he can give out some car posters to his friends - will email you when I've spoken to him :)

I am in Scotland so there is very little I can do but I have been e-mailing the Paul O'Grady show, I have just noticed on his site that they have different e-mail addresses so I am going to try the one where they are looking for peoples lost relatives, there is also the one where people who deserve a treat. I dont know if there are enough people e-mailing them at a set time would at least a few e-mails be noticed ?. It might be worth a try, if they start to read the e-mails and there are quite a lot with levi's name in the title they might take a bit more notice.

Terri