UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sam

Houndwoman

Following on from Jan's thread you may recall that the other night he was hospitalised due to what appears to have been an attack of pancreatitis.

The latest update is that Sam came home at 1pm today but as the day has gone on his temperature started to rise :(

At 7pm it was 104.2 (very high) and his breathing was not good. Same symptoms as Jan who has had pneumonia

Had to drag the vet away from his evening meal but he was waiting at the surgery with a lovely big smile on his face He is so good with us bless him :)

Sam has had some injections-one of 24 hour acting Baytril and another to reduce his temperature. Brought him home as vet said when he was hospitalised there in the last couple of days he was quite stressed and he said it would be counterproductive. We have come home with loads of meds for Sam and have to check his temperature shortly. If it hasn't come down substantially he will have to be admitted :(

Going to think positive folks :)

I have sat up with him and at the moment his temperature is near normal and he is resting although his breathing is not good. His lungs are quite congested and I have to do some physio later on to try and shift it.

Vet has said he thinks it is a mycoplasma pneumonia which is viral and the Kennel Cough was the precursor to it. I just haven't a clue where this has come from but wouldn't wish it on anyone :(

P2210003.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam has had a restful night but breathing is still not good but vet says at the moment the important thing is that his temperature stays down and up to now it has after his injections.

This evening will be the real test I think.

Still very worried about him. He has no appetite but I was expecting that so I am syringing Manuka Honey and water down him and he is having regular shots of Rescue Remedy :D