UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

I've read Book of the Dead and also thought it was excellent.

Any chance I could borrow that from you Sarah? Remember, we're meeting up for anorak hang gliding on 13th Feb so maybe you could bring it then if you've not already lent it to someone else. :unsure:

Spins4me Barbara - promised books posted this morning :flowers: Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely BRILLIANT..I have all of hers if your interested. Mandasue Heller is VERY simial to the way she writes, you will love her books, I have them too :biggrin:

Just starting Broken by Martina Cole so hope its as good.

I got so into the book I couldnt put it down :rolleyes:

Will keep an eye out for books by the other author too.

I'm re-reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (not of Mitchell and Webb fame). It's amazing but not a light read! It's 6 interlinking stories - which stop and start and cross over, bit like a Russian doll of a book!

I also have recently read Small Island by Andrea Levy which is the stories of 4 people during and after WWII. Rather good!

I also loved Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie which is about Nigeria and the civil war in the 1960's. Very moving and sobering but very good.

I do like 'nice' too books honestly!!

I am re-reading "The Winthrop Woman" by Anya Seton. I first read it when I was 14 and re-visit it every few years. It's an historical novel based on fact about the life of Elizabeth Fones (later Winthrop) during the first half of the 17th century firstly in England and then in the puritan colonies of New England. Still enjoying it as much now as the first time of reading :biggrin:

Marion

I'm reading Cold Moon by jeffrey Deaver- he's written quite a few books forensic science/crime ones. Just finished a Clive cussler, Polar Shift. Both easy reads and good to relax after stress at work!

I have a huge number of books waiting to be read from Starter for Ten to the ? is it Let's talk about Kevin? one!