UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

One god-awful self-help book. Yeah pal, if it was *that* easy I wouldn't be in this mess now :rolleyes:

One other not so bad self-help book.

Some trashy don't-have-to-think Sophie Kinsella book, which has so not-gripped me that I can't even remember the name of it.

Robert Rankin - The Toyminator (follow up to Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse).

Must admit that 2 weekends ago, I took to bed, stayed there for 72 hours and read 6 Marian Keyes novels. :unsure:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just starting Broken by Martina Cole so hope its as good.

I got so into the book I couldnt put it down :rolleyes:

Will keep an eye out for books by the other author too.

I have them all paper back so will gladly sent them on, Broken is FAB..read The Ladykiller, I have it if you want it..its the 1st book Martina wrote and THE BEST, bit close to the mark, but by God I couldn't put it down :rolleyes:

84 charing cross road.

All of it.

From scratch.

Tonight.

(I temporarily forgot I'd joined a local Book Club, to which I am supposed to be discussing the merits of said book above, tomorrow)

Edited by tegk68

Well I have finished my book. 'That was quick' you're probably thinking. To be honest it was rather slimline. I had in my possesion two books in one if you like. The first half was charing x and the second half the sequel. I didn't realise this until I got halfway through, as the book is clearly marked 84 Charing Cross Road. That said I now find on the back cover it does say, in awfully small print, 'This edition also includes the sequel'. Well I'm most thrilled about that, as now I can go to sleep, and I have another book to read, another time.

Have you seen the film of the book Helen :unsure: It stars Anthony Hopkins and Anne Bancroft. It's one of my fav's :)

Oh WOW I didn't know that Marion. I must say I enjoyed it so much last night. I started it half heartedly and was immediately 'hooked' by the first page/letter! Thanks for this am off to go look for the video on Amazon now :flowers:

Hope your book improves :unsure:

Have you seen the film of the book Helen :unsure: It stars Anthony Hopkins and Anne Bancroft. It's one of my fav's :)

I am reading The Rose of Sebastapol, it's on this year's Richard and Judy book club list, but I am not terribly impressed so far :rolleyes:

Marion

Someone gave me this, so I dragged my way through it; I thought it would never end. I hate historical-type novels anyway and the background 'research' was so obvious. :thumbsdown_anim:

Now finished said book and i loved it.

Can anyone recommend me something else? I enjoed the Da vinci code but found it a very 'easy' read. I read the rule of four which is similar but a very hard read.

I enjoy Kathy reichs novels and Patricia Cornwell, and i love Harry Potter

so any ideas on good thriller horror books?