UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Are You Reading At The Moment?

Rileyroo

Having read Narrow Dog to Carcassonne whilst on holiday (on a narrow boat with a whippet x staffie :laugh: ) and laughed out loud at so much of it, I'm looking for other suggestions to pass my time on my commute to work.

I'll read pretty much anything except 'chick lit' (unless it's Jilly Cooper) so any suggestions gratefully receieved.

And if anyone wants to read Narrow Dog pm me and I'll post it on to you. :biggrin:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen King fan here to!! Reading Needful Things AGAIN...that's about the 5th time but I love it!! :biggrin: I'm lucky as the Book People are based near me so this weekend they are having a massive warehouse sale and are opening their doors for walk in sales for the first time so guess where I'll be!! Books from a £1 each...thats Xmas sorted! :biggrin:

Having read Narrow Dog to Carcassonne whilst on holiday (on a narrow boat with a whippet x staffie :laugh: ) and laughed out loud at so much of it, I'm looking for other suggestions to pass my time on my commute to work.

I'll read pretty much anything except 'chick lit' (unless it's Jilly Cooper) so any suggestions gratefully receieved.

And if anyone wants to read Narrow Dog pm me and I'll post it on to you. :biggrin:

I know of a person on another forum who owns a narrow boat and she has met the man who wrote the book and his wife and little Jim, he's a little cutie (she posted a picture but I can't imagine that I'd be allowed to cross post it :unsure: ).

I've also read the book and thought it was good, bit hard to get into though, even for a whippet lover such as myself!

I haven't read a book for a while because I got a new ipod for my birthday so thats what I've used to pass the time on my boring commute

Edited by jezza

Frankie by Kevin Lewis..I love Martina Cole, but unfortunately have read them all..Mandasue Heller is also FAB and have her latest, along with Karin Slaughters latest (Triptych sp?) to read yet, but waiting to take them on my hols :biggrin:

Any Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson or Minette Walters are FAB too :D

I am reading 'The Songlines' by Bruce Chatwin. It's about aboriginal Australian myth and nomads and hunting and early man. Which makes it sound complicated, but it's a very readable book and full of ideas new to me that keep making my eyebrows leap into my hairline, and funny and sad and amazing anecdotes. If you fancy something a bit different it's brilliant in an off the wall kind of way.

Also it's old enough that there are copies on Ebay: I love buying books for 99p!

Stephen King fan here to!! Reading Needful Things AGAIN...that's about the 5th time but I love it!! :biggrin: I'm lucky as the Book People are based near me so this weekend they are having a massive warehouse sale and are opening their doors for walk in sales for the first time so guess where I'll be!! Books from a £1 each...thats Xmas sorted! :biggrin:

I *love* Stephen King. Well. His older stuff. The newer stuff is just too gory for me to deal with :unsure: The Stand is my favouritest ever :biggrin:

And that Book People sale sounds like that would be our food budget for the year gone if we were anywhere near :devil:

Ooh, I love the Book People. I read really quickly so buy their sets of things which are always such a bargain. Haven't read any Stephen King or John Grisham for years - perhaps I should look up some of their newer stuff.

I've got some of the new John Grisham I can let you have. Just pm me your addy.

The newest Stephen King have gone abit gory, and abit odd in places! :wacko: I do prefer his old stuff.