UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Auction Items Discussion Fred.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they've already paid, can't K9 Knitters pay Dogstar instead of Oldies as it is a similar amount to Lynnes? :unsure:

Edit: Doh, just noticed she's paid already! Nevermind!

I had the same thought! But my cheque is on it's way to Oldies already......

Couldn't Oldies just write a cheque to Dogstar at the end of the process to 'balance the books'??

I'm sure the respective treasurers are on the case!

Cheers, Carrie

Lynne, please can you try and get your payment refunded or rejected? K9Knitters have already paid which means that to try and amend the payments, to get to the same amount it is going to need several members to change who they are paying. If people have already paid but its not been updated on here, its just going to get even more confusing.

I'm a Paypal novice can someone tell me how to do it...I've gone into my account and can't see anything obvious.So sorry for mucking this all up - if Oldies can pay the sum to Dogstar I'll pay all charges.

Just found this

Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent? Question : Answer : You can only cancel unclaimed payments. If your payment is complete, please contact the recipient of the payment to request a refund.

Unclaimed payments can be cancelled for the following reasons:

A payment sent to an email address is not associated with a PayPal account. Once the email address is added to a PayPal account, the payment is automatically credited to the balance of that account

A payment is sent to a recipient with an unconfirmed email address. For security reasons, PayPal can only credit payments sent to a confirmed email address.

If you cancel an Instant Bank Transfer, PayPal cannot cancel the withdrawal from your bank account. The amount will be credited to your PayPal account balance.

So looks like Oldies paying Dogstar is best way round?

Edited by zico's mum

The recipient needs to reject the payment when it comes through.

A lovely ebay seller did this for me recently...but I couldn't do it...it has to be the person receiving it!!!

The full amount will go to your Paypal account - and you can then forward it to the correct account.

:)

Edited by murtle

I'm a Paypal novice can someone tell me how to do it...I've gone into my account and can't see anything obvious.So sorry for mucking this all up - if Oldies can pay the sum to Dogstar I'll pay all charges.

Hi Lynne

I think as Yantan says it possible to refund a payment but I think its the person receiving the money that has that option not you , don't worry I am sure we can sort something out

Sam :flowers:

Will this help for those having to make a refund :unsure:

Paypal refunds

Marion

And this is taken from the Paypal site:

Right of Recipient to Refuse Payment. When you send a payment to a third party through PayPal, the recipient is not required to accept the payment, even if the recipient is already registered with PayPal. The recipient is free to return payments or, in some cases, to use the PayPal system to refuse payments that you have sent. You acknowledge that PayPal will not be liable for any damages resulting from a recipient's decision not to accept a payment made through PayPal. Any payments through PayPal that are refused or unclaimed by a recipient will be returned to the sender on the earlier of (a) the date of such refusal, or (b) within 30 days from the date the payment is sent.

Edited by Yantan